Sign in to follow this  
knotawake

Sony A7r IV Housing Recommendations

I have used a bunch of different housings over years, most recent have been Aquatica. I have the setup for the III. I am looking at if it is worth will to go with a new housing for the A7r IV. Lots of option. Looking for feed back.

thanks

mike 

Any reasons not sticking with Aquatica? You will probably be able to use most of your ports and extensions. 

I feel there is a need to consider the large famillies of options (wet lens or not, size, material, price), probably really come down to your preference since you got experience on many brands.

Echoing the question from the previous post - any particular reason you want to switch systems? GAS strike? If you're looking for something new and shiny, check out Phil Rudin's review of the Marelux housing in UwPMag issue 125 - among other things, having a depth gauge in the viewfinder (although that is not yet available) looks like an interesting feature.

On 3/30/2022 at 10:53 PM, knotawake said:

I have used a bunch of different housings over years, most recent have been Aquatica. I have the setup for the III. I am looking at if it is worth will to go with a new housing for the A7r IV. Lots of option. Looking for feed back.

thanks

mike 

Hi Mike, I reviewed the Aquatica housing for the A7r IV for UWPMAG.com issue #112 and it is an excellent choice. I also see that the Aquatica housing for the new A7 IV is now on sale as well at an attractive price point. The downside for the Aquatica choices is that I don't see support for wet wide optics like the WWL-1B with 28-60 or WACP with 28-60 or 28-70mm lenses. 

The Nauticam and Marelux offerings will be supporting these wet optics.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements