Sign in to follow this  
DavidG

Ikelite Nikon D100

Hi everyone !!!

I finally decided to try to get a housing for my nikon D100, my big question is to know which one to get. I have been using a Hugyfot for a Nikon N90 for the last few years, but the price of the housing for the D100 is about 2200 Euros. I really love the Hugy but I think the price is a little out of my budget. :)

My last dive trip I saw few people using Ikelite housings and I would like to know if anyone has any experince using the Ikelite for the Nikon D100 and how much it will be aprox. the get the housing, fisheye port ,105mm and 50mm ports.

Thanks

David

Re " if anyone has any experience using the Ikelite for the Nikon D100"

FYI There are two Ikelite housings for the D100 i.e. the older

http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/2d100.html

and the newer one which is similar to the D70 housing.

http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/2dslr_d100.html

As for experience, I have an Ikelite housed D70 with about 40 days of diving it and I'm totally happy with the housing e.g. it' stays totally dry under demanding conditions, the ports work well with the lenses and the controls are easy to use.

I've used the clear molded housing for the D100 on several occasions. It's simply great. Paid just over $1000 for the housing and about $140 for each port (adorama.com). Little bulkier than the aluminum housings but you can't beat the price if looking for quality.

Check out the B&H website www.bhphotovideo.com for the latest prices. The housing goes for about $1200 and the dome/flat ports $150/100 each. You need a seperate port for each lens in most cases, no extension rings.

I like mine for the D70. Keeps dry, adequate viewfinder, durable and the whole system including 2 strobes fits into a carryon size lowepro backpack.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements