UWPics

Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro to edit 4K video

Posted (edited)

Hi, I am new to underwater video but not underwater still photography. I recently upgraded my MacBook Pro with CPU/GPU power to edit 4K video and need to choose a video editing software. I use Adobe Lightroom & Photoshop to edit post for stills but not sure if I should go with Premier Pro or Final Cut Pro for 4K video. I currently shoot with the Nikon Z 6 ii internal 4K 60p (cropped) but would like to eventually upgrade to the Ninja V and Nauticam housing to shoot RAW (The Z6 ii supports output of ProRes RAW to the Ninja V with a factory upgrade). Which video editing software do you think would best meet my needs? Thank you in advance! Larry

Edited by UWPics

I would suggest you take a look at DaVinci Resolve over Premier or Final Cut.

It's a production quality suite that started life as a color grading tool, but now competes (or outdoes) both PP and FCP in editing, VFX and SFX.

The free version is limited to 4k, does not utilise GPU as much the the paid version, and does not unlock a lot of the fancy FX.

If you want any of that stuff, the paid version is US$295 and includes upgrades for life.

2 minutes ago, froop said:

It's a production quality suite that started life as a color grading tool, but now competes (or outdoes) both PP and FCP in editing, VFX and SFX.

The free version is limited to 4k, does not utilise GPU as much the the paid version, and does not unlock a lot of the fancy FX.

If you want any of that stuff, the paid version is US$295 and includes upgrades for life.

Thank you! I will take a look at DaVinci Resolve.

I downloaded DaVinci Resolve (Free Version) and I am quite impressed! Thanks for the tip.

On 3/31/2022 at 11:18 PM, froop said:

+1 for DaVinci Resolve.  It has amazing color grading tools that work wonders for underwater video.  There are lots of tutorials on YouTube as well.  Highly recommended.

• Like 2

Sponsors

Advertisements