Just heading home after an excellent week’s diving in the Turks and Caicos islands with Explorer Venture’s liveaboard, TCI Explorer II. 

Boat, crew, food and diving all really good and I’d happily recommend. I did 21 dives, skipped the 5 night dives, and covered a mix of walls and reef tops. Usual mix of Tropical Western Atlantic species including reef and nurse sharks and turtles. Some macro but wide-angle was pretty much king. 

I’ll happily send/post more details if anyone is interested. I’ll post a couple of pics when I’ve processed them. 

Thanks for the report @TimG  which area of the Turks and Caicos were you at?  I dove there a decade ago with the School for Field Studies field station on south Caicos.  Lots of fond memories running into humpbacks on the wall, and researching the marine reserves for lobster and conch!

Hi Driftc

We did multiple dives on the North West Point of Provo, then West Caicos and finally French Cay. No humpbacks, sadly!

Paul, it was 2 days diving Provo NWP (8 dives). 3 days off West Caicos (11 dives) and 2 days off French Cay - 3 dives.

We tended to do two dives and a night dive on the same site then move on. It was possible to do 26 dives all told but after 4 dives in a day, I just can’t be bothered with night dives. 

I can recommend Explorer Ventures heartily. We dived with them last year off Saba and that was very good too. 

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements