Eransalah

Viewfinder for video

I am using a Sony a7s3 along with a ninja v monitor I am considering selling the monitor and buying a viewfinder Are there any users here who use a viewfinder for video photography The Sony a7s3 screen is very small and sometimes very difficult and even impossible to see what is in focus 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Eransalah said:

I am using a Sony a7s3 along with a ninja v monitor I am considering selling the monitor and buying a viewfinder Are there any users here who use a viewfinder for video photography The Sony a7s3 screen is very small and sometimes very difficult and even impossible to see what is in focus 

I built this simple plastic L bracket to hold the Nauticam LCD magnifier on my housing.  Works great and much easier to use while shooting video than the viewfinder magnifier they sell.

IMG_7522.thumb.jpg.e1751f67ec38e2049ce33c56252e8df5.jpg

Edited by cngisl
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2022 at 10:58 AM, cngisl said:

I built this simple plastic L bracket to hold the Nauticam LCD magnifier on my housing.  Works great and much easier to use while shooting video than the viewfinder magnifier they sell.

IMG_7522.thumb.jpg.e1751f67ec38e2049ce33c56252e8df5.jpg

hi, this looks interesting. am guessing you have bought the LCD magnifier + attachment rails (meant for other housings) and  the added the DIY plastic bracket (white one)? How have you managed to fix the plastic bracket?

thanks.

apu.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, apurbasg said:

hi, this looks interesting. am guessing you have bought the LCD magnifier + attachment rails (meant for other housings) and  the added the DIY plastic bracket (white one)? How have you managed to fix the plastic bracket?

thanks.

apu.

Yes I used the rails for the Sony RX100 and just cut the bracket from a plastic electrical box.  It mounts to the bottom of the housing and uses the 2 bolt holes for the tripod mount.IMG_7520.thumb.jpg.725faafde7d3d9e30fa8a39e98ab1b28.jpgIMG_7521.thumb.jpg.dc8993015e44d9e7efe60f7552677bd8.jpg

Edited by cngisl
  • Thanks 1

Excellent. Thanks a ton! :)

Btw have you used this for any macro videos via the screen magnifier?

21 hours ago, apurbasg said:

Excellent. Thanks a ton! :)

Btw have you used this for any macro videos via the screen magnifier?

I use it for everything but I haven't tried screen magnifier.  It is nice as I can see the screen and focus even when I can't get my mask close.

Cheers

Thanks

On 6/27/2022 at 3:25 PM, cngisl said:

I use it for everything but I haven't tried screen magnifier.  It is nice as I can see the screen and focus even when I can't get my mask close.

Cheers

Thanks for the information.

Sponsors

Advertisements