Sign in to follow this  
phxazcraig

Christmas Tree Worm, Bonaire

I've shot a lot of Christmas Tree worms, but this one came out exceptionally nice.   Done on my last dive in Bonaire at the end of the Digital Shootout 2022.

220617-075258-09-D850.jpg

• Like 2

Wow, yeah, that is super shot - well done. I've taken dozens of CTW shots but never got one to come out like that. Did you use a snoot?

Indeed, that is a spectacular image!  Inward lighting perhaps?  

Shot with backscatter miniflash and snoot.

Thanks. Super, super pic. Well done!

A couple more.  These both have a small fish involved, which I'm asking about in the critter id foum:

220611-150838-08-D850.jpg

220611-152233-74-D850.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 7:20 PM, Tinman said:

Your pics aren't showing up.

-Tinman

Yes, and I'm trying to figure out why.  I linked to my web server, and I think the links broke when I reloaded the images.   Let me try to repost them.

On 6/20/2022 at 4:45 PM, phxazcraig said:

I've shot a lot of Christmas Tree worms, but this one came out exceptionally nice.   Done on my last dive in Bonaire at the end of the Digital Shootout 2022.

220617-075258-09-D850.jpg

Reposting with new links to the image.  For some reason I can't just copy the URL link in now, so I'll have to point to the web page it is on:

https://www.cjcphoto.net/bonaire2022/images/page124.html 

Which worries me as the page number will change if I edit the site...

Your link doesn't seem to be working. I tried going to https://cjcphoto.net with a Yahoo search and nothing would open either.

-Tinman

On 7/1/2022 at 2:45 PM, Tinman said:

Your link doesn't seem to be working. I tried going to https://cjcphoto.net with a Yahoo search and nothing would open either.

-Tinman

Can you at least bring up the www.cjcphoto.net main page?  (Do I need to replace the certificate perhaps?)   I'm seeing the links work for me right now, but I may be bringing up the pages via internal LAN instead of via internet.

Cant see the images :-(

3 hours ago, diggy said:

Cant see the images :-(

No, me neither

How about now?   I glitched something in the firewall some days ago trying to set up a mail server.  I managed to cut off my webserver, but it should be available again now, and the images should, I think, just display now?

Here's a test image:

220611-153125-63-D850.jpg

very nice. I  can see clearly now :D

Yep! Well done. 

Here's one more, with a question.   Since I already had two shots of a Sea Fan Blenny in or next to a Christmas Tree Worm, is there another fish in the worm in this shot?  Or is that some part of the worm itself?

220617-075617-52-D850.jpg

57 minutes ago, phxazcraig said:

Or is that some part of the worm itself?

Part of the worm, I think. 

Just looking at the first pic again, Craig. That has to be one of the best Christmas Tree worm pics I have seen. Fabulous. It's a piece of art.

On 7/8/2022 at 1:26 PM, TimG said:

Part of the worm, I think. 

Just looking at the first pic again, Craig. That has to be one of the best Christmas Tree worm pics I have seen. Fabulous. It's a piece of art.

Sure wish I'd taken it a day earlier.   Might have won me a nice prize in the contest.  Prizes like a week on a liveaboard in the Solomon islands.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements