Sign in to follow this  
Rocha

First digital (good) picture - Belize

Hi all,

I am an old fashoned film (mostly fish) photographer, but I recently borrowed an Olympus camera (on Ikelite housing) during my last trip to Belize. This was by best shot, it's not great light but I really like the way it shows the movement. Comments are welcome.

i like the composition :) the diagonal works well and i think it combines with the "mid-flight" form of the rays to give that sense of movement.

Horizontals are not easy to shoot to get good composition (in my opinion). A lot of people shoot horizontals and they should be verticals...just an experience thing. Your picture is really nicely composed. The blue looks a little too un-natural. Did you use PS to adjust?

Joe

I agree, the composition is very nice. But the water is a very unusual UW color and a bit too saturated.

Hi, thanks for the comments. Yes, I had one of those orange filters in front of the lens (maybe that's why it looks unusually saturated), and the picture was taken without flash. I will try to remove some red in photoshop and I will post the results if I manage to get it better.

I took some of the red out, does it look better now? I am new to this photo manipulation process, my scanned slides didn't require much of it.

Hi I like the original pic. And of course to be really picky one could say a pic of the rays coming towards the camera instead of away would work even better. But I would love to be takeing pics like that right now instead of working!!

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements