hellhole

Let's talk about sun glasses!!!

Hey hey..

After the latest pair of Oakley having it lenses all bricking/cracking out..

Anyone got good salt water worthy sunglasses... ?

Hope this topic is 'approve'

Cheers

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Topic moved: Admin

I've used prescription Wiley Xs in the arctic and tropics for years without complaint.  The frames are rugged but the lens will scratch if dropped on rocks or the floor.  They are pricey but what Rx glasses aren't?

Smith optics, the range they sell in fly fishing stores can't be beat,  I have a pair of their polarised ones, can't remember the name of the design, but they are still going strong after 5 years of constant use.  Something from this line with the glass polarised lenses.  I think mine are the photochromic version.   The glass lenses don't scratch!

https://www.smithoptics.com/en_US/c/sunglasses-sport/

I wear them constantly, mostly following the care guidelines of "Keep the glasses on your face or in their case"  I do hang them off my collar quite a bit when I step indoors though. 

I've used prescription Wiley Xs in the arctic and tropics for years without complaint.  The frames are rugged but the lens will scratch if dropped on rocks or the floor.  They are pricey but what Rx glasses aren't?
How pricy are they?? Oakley are not cheap...hhahha

Smith optics, the range they sell in fly fishing stores can't be beat,  I have a pair of their polarised ones, can't remember the name of the design, but they are still going strong after 5 years of constant use.  Something from this line with the glass polarised lenses.  I think mine are the photochromic version.   The glass lenses don't scratch!
https://www.smithoptics.com/en_US/c/sunglasses-sport/
I wear them constantly, mostly following the care guidelines of "Keep the glasses on your face or in their case"  I do hang them off my collar quite a bit when I step indoors though. 
Looks interesting... I am in South East Asia. Let me see if I can find them....

I am a die-hard angler and also a freshwater scientist, so I use polarized glasses each day. I once used Smith Optics, but their glass is heavy. I now use Costa. Their glass is lighter so they don't always slide down your nose. Lots of models to try and their company also supports a lot of environmental work. 

Good luck with whatever you choose. 

I use a pair of Dragons, I got them nearly 15 years ago for like $50. I cant seem to destroy them nor loose them.

8 hours ago, Dann-Oh said:

I use a pair of Dragons, I got them nearly 15 years ago for like $50. I cant seem to destroy them nor loose them.

Famous last words? :crazy:

8 hours ago, TimG said:

Famous last words? :crazy:

I have worn these same glasses in both mountain and road biking crashes, snowboarding, trail running, and now I use them while out and about for diving and DM duties.  My kid (1 year old) like to take them off my head and test out gravity with them, they just bounce off the ground and keep going.  The lenses have gotten eaten up a bit but they don't have scratches just yet.

Posted (edited)

I recently bought BAJIO Nippers sunglasses with the glass lenses and love them. I can see divers on the reef at 40-50 feet (15 meters) even with the sun glare on the water. They are like having x-ray vision when looking into the ocean from a boat! Unfortunately they are expensive at $250 US but I think they are worth it. The dive boat captains wear them.

Edited by UWPics

Sponsors

Advertisements