Sign in to follow this  
adamhanlon

Wetpixel Live: Heart Attack Advice!

Please forgive the somewhat irreverent title! Recently, while preparing for a dive, Wetpixel Live presenter and Wetpixel Editor @adamhanlon had a heart attack, and he and @Alex_Mustard discuss the events surrounding it and his prognosis going forward. As a spoiler, expect to see Adam at a dive site near you sometime soon and in the interim, normal service is gradually resuming.

Posted (edited)

Dear Adam,

Lisi and me are concerned to hear about your heart attack. We wish you all the best for getting well. We know you are a fighter... :heart:

Please take the warnings of Alex serious and take yourself time for a peaceful, unstressed and generous recovery period. I know several people (including my father), who did not take the first infarct too serious and it became a disaster...

Wolfgang

Edited by Architeuthis

I'm sorry to hear this but very glad you are feeling better! Please take care and be patient with the recovery process! 

Adam,

First of all, best wishes for a complete (or near-complete) recovery. Also, many thanks for sharing - health issues can be somewhat personal, but sharing your experience will have more value than you may first think, especially for several of the regular members of wetpixel who are getting on in the years (like me).

I'm sure you will receive more good advise from other experienced divers, and we'd appreciate if you would share on this forum. Personally, not being a doctor, I suppose I can only trot out the old banality about not taking on any responsibility that could increase stress.. perhaps the famous 2016 book of Mark Manson might have good pointers on how to achieve that :-).

Kind regards,

Ajay 

Really hope you are on the road quickly to a good recovery, Adam. But, FFS, as everyone says, take it easy! 

Dear Adam,

Wishing you a speedy recovery ! 

Stay safe Adam, good recovery

Adam, as others have said already, best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.  Please follow the advice of your therapists, etc, they do know what they are doing.  As an EMT, I see too many folks who don't follow their advice, don't make the necessary lifestyle changes and we end up seeing them later on.  Don't let that be you, and stay safe.

Wishing you a speedy recovery Adam, certainly take it easy. I'm sure the doctors can come up with a staged plan to get you back to your previous level of fitness.

Wow that is a good way to put a positive spin on such an event!

Get well soon diving can wait until you are ready

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements