Sign in to follow this  
giftie

Wide Angle for PT-010-User Experiences

Hiya I'm new here. Nice forum.

I'm considering a Wide Lens for my PT-010 set-up (particularly one of those below). Mind sharing your experiences/advice on this?

Sea & Sea WAL L0.56x

Inon UWL-100 with Dome Port?

Olympus PWC-01

Thanks

The Inon is a very nice lens and it has been around the longest, so probably many of the people on this forum (Jeff, MikeO, etc.) can give you their feedback.

There are also some previous threads on this lens.

The Olympus and Sea&Sea have not been out as long and thus do not have a big user base...yet.

We are all patiently awaiting the Dome port for the UWL-100 lens...that should be something really good.

FWIW, I use the Inon, and have only seen 1 unit of Sea&Sea used by other divers...this is considering I dive almost every weekend and get to observe the population of digital cameras and housings. I would say that the PT-010 is the most common, followed by the Sony, and of the people who have WA lenses, they are almost all Inon.

HTH,

I have the SS WAL which works a treat. As someone pointed out to me, its makes the Oly have a 20mm equivalency. I use it on almost every dive, except when I am specifically after little critters such as small fast fish. It was relatively cheap (cost me £150), screws on to the outside thread, easily removed and gives almost no distortion. So far I have detected the slightest vignetting in the bottom left hand corner but it is almost indistinguishable. The WAL is the only one from S&S that I can recommend - using the 2T macro with the adaptor was pitiful. Any good recommendations for macro lenses??

Used it for the first time last weekend....I love it! No distortion on the edges that I could see. The close up WA shots are great and as easy as the WA ones...just remember to adjust your strobe power when switching back and forth!

Best new toy I've had in a long time :)

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements