tsuyoshi

in search of new 4k60p video cam upgrade from action cams. Is Sony Fx3 the answer?

I been shooting videos for several years with a Sony action cam Fdrx3000 and Gopro. Recently added a insta360 x2.

The action cams are just not doing it for me any more w limited zoom and battery capacity.

I had been holding off hoping eventually a compact or subcompact cameral that can do 4k60fps to no avail. Even the newest A6600 is limited to 4k30fps.

Sony FX3 got me a bit excited w it able to fo 4k60fps. But it is still big and heavy to lug around.

It seems to be the most compact cam at the moment able to make 4k60p at the moment. So I been thinking of getting it w a Seafrog housing (keeping the cost down) pair up w Kraken 8000 lights. Mostly will be for close up anr macros. May be occasional wide angle.  TIA

On 8/30/2022 at 7:28 AM, tsuyoshi said:

I been shooting videos for several years with a Sony action cam Fdrx3000 and Gopro. Recently added a insta360 x2.

The action cams are just not doing it for me any more w limited zoom and battery capacity.

I had been holding off hoping eventually a compact or subcompact cameral that can do 4k60fps to no avail. Even the newest A6600 is limited to 4k30fps.

Sony FX3 got me a bit excited w it able to fo 4k60fps. But it is still big and heavy to lug around.

It seems to be the most compact cam at the moment able to make 4k60p at the moment. So I been thinking of getting it w a Seafrog housing (keeping the cost down) pair up w Kraken 8000 lights. Mostly will be for close up anr macros. May be occasional wide angle.  TIA

If you have the budget, why not. Big production companies used the predecessor of this camera (Blue Planet).

Doing 4k120p here with Z9.   Doesn't really meet your size or cost criteria though.

Sony just announced the FX30, which is an APS-C version of the FX3.  Camera is the same size as the FX3, but the lenses and domes may be smaller due to a smaller sensor?

https://www.dpreview.com/news/6110543118/sony-announces-fx30-cinema-line-camera-an-fx3-with-a-26mp-super35-aps-c-sensor

Edited by JayceeB
clarified FX3 and FX30 wording.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, JayceeB said:

Sony just announced the FX30, which is an APS-C version of the FX3.  Camera is the same size as the FX3, but the lenses and domes may be smaller due to a smaller sensor?

https://www.dpreview.com/news/6110543118/sony-announces-fx30-cinema-line-camera-an-fx3-with-a-26mp-super35-aps-c-sensor

I guess with the release of the tiny 28-60mm FF lens, there really wouldn't be any weight savings with the FX30 + Sony E PZ 16-50+WWL-1 compared to FX3 + Sony E 28-60 + WWL-1.

• Like 1

Sponsors

Advertisements