Sign in to follow this  
scubag

Correct Port for Canon EF-S 17-85 & Ikelite 20D Housing

Does anyone know which is the correct port for the Canon EF-S 17-85 lens? I'm about to order the Ikelite housing and the 5503.50 port for the EF-S 10-22 but am unsure which port to order for the 17-85, which has a length of 3.6", diameter of 3.1" and an angle of view of 18-78 degrees.

Thanks Ike and Merry Christmas!

Received the following email from Ike this morning:

"Special dome port for Canon 17-85 EF-S lens available January

AF/MF and image stabilization switches can not be changed

when in housing. No lens attachment or clamp required to zoom.

We do not know yet if a # diopter close-up lens will be required."

Thanks again,

Doug

SWEET! I've been wanting to replace the DRebel kit lens, and noted with much interest the shipment of the 17-85 - but I was afraid they wouldn't be able to get it to fit in a port.

Scubag:

Since I know nothing, can you please explain Ike's respone? What is consequence of "AF/MF and image stabilization switches can not be changed when in housing"? I also do not understand the comment "No lens attachment or clamp required to zoom".

I have an Oly 5050 and now looking at DSLRs. The Cannon 20D with the 17-85 EF-S lens looks interesting, but knowing nothing does not help.

...much like the custom manual-focus port for the Canon 100mm macro, right Ike?

In short, when the lens is in the housing & port, you can't switch between manual and auto focus (though the lens is full time manual focus, so you can always manual focus even in auto mode), nor can you turn on/off the image stabilization. If it's on, it's on for the dive. If it's off, it's off until you can get dry and remove the port. Probably not a huge sacrifice, IMO.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements