Sign in to follow this  
Bushy

Swan River, Perth photos

Hi guys, I am very new to UW photography but have been reading up on the forums here and other places to get hints and tips. These are my very first photos taken with a borrowed Olympus 5050 plus housing using the internal flash which my mate was kind enough to lend me. I know there is some back scatter guess a strobe would sort this issue out.

Any comments appreciated.

Apologies forthe size of photos - will look for somewhere to host my gallery in future. In that regard anybody know of a good place to host galleries ?

leather.jpg

seahorse.jpg

bluem.jpg

anen.jpg

G'day cobber, this is turning into a West Australian forum! (Goodwyn Island is about 1600km north of you).

Welcome to Wetpixel, BTW.

I didn't know there was so much interesting marine life in the Swan. Where abouts in the Swan do you find these critters?

I think they're excellent shots, and as you mention a strobe wouldn't hurt, although these could just be cleaned up in photoshop if required.

gday mate, good to hear from a fellow Sandgroper. I have been reading heaps of the threads here at Wetpixel and have already learn't a fair bit form some of the advice given.

I am heading up to Karratha possibly next July for about 2/3 weeks - hope to get some diving in up there somewhere.

As for the Swan, heaps of marine life and interesting little critters - those photos were taken at Peppermint Grove just near the Scotch College Boat Shed. I have some others that were taken at The Coombe in Mosmans which i will post a bit later.

Mate if you are ever down in Perth and you want to dive in the Swan let me know.

G'day all.

Unlike most web forums... it's good to hear a few folks with familiar accents swimming around in here. I guess we do have a fair bit of water to play in downunder :D

bloody oath mate - better crack open a few tinnies, bog into the pav and lamingtons while watching the footy. :D:):)

Not bad at all with an internal flash.

I live in Mosman Park, and just got my D70 Housed with an Ikelite housing. I took some shots at Rotto, but the vis wasn't great.

I will have to get down there to check these out. I haven't dived in the river for a long time. I would love to get some horsey shots.

Were these night dives?

Drop me a line if you want to hook up for a dive.

Cheers,

Don

Yes mate these were taken at night. Just near the Scotch College Boat Shed along The Esplanade practically opposite Leake St (i think)in Peppi Grove. Going tommorrow night if your up for it about 7.45ish.

Okay, i played around in Photoshop which is not anything new to me as i use it to make forum signitures (see below)

DG.gif

But have never used it for re-touching photos, had a go last nightto try and clean the seahorse picture up - tell me what you think they look alright on a CRT monitor but look a bit crappy on a LCD...any hints and tips would be appreciated. Maybe I'm in the wrong forum thread for this.

Original

seahorse1a.jpg

Adjusted the brightness and contrast

seahorse3a.jpg

Added colour balance

seahorse2a.jpg

wow

Man, I need to get photoshop..............you did a great job with these images!

Cheers,

Sieg

I've got Photoshop, that isn't all you need to get. The work he's doing takes talent and practice, which despite my best efforts I can't find in a store.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements