Sure, but the optimum strength of filter changes with depth doesn't it due to the different color and intensity of ambient light?

The Gels I refer to are for theater and movie set, I got some and dunk it in hot water for an half hour, and it was still OK, have not tried salt water yet, but i am confident, theses Rosco gel are more plastic than gel and are made quite resistant, they are awfull as far as optical goes, but has I say, they should go on the flash not the lens.

Anybody with few bucks & unfrozen salt water nearby around ?, we need a test. if not, i'm doing Bermuda in february and a definite answer will follow that trip.

Regards

I'm new to the Digital thing. Just got my Canon 5D housed and was wondering about strobes and diffusers. When I searched the forums viola this interesting thread showed up. My question is more simple that what is discussed here but I figured rather than start a new topic I'd add my query here...

I've got 2 SS200's and am shooting a Canon 14mm WA in a UK-Germany housing. Previously I'd shot a Nikonos w/ 15mm.

I'm wondering if I should simply mount my flash diffusers permanently?

Seems that dual 200's throw plenaty of light and most of my Nknons shots never used full power anyway... Any thoughts on the wisdom (or foolishness) of this scheme?

Also, is there any value is using a cyan filter on the flashes full-time?

The Gels I refer to are for theater and movie set, I got some and dunk it in hot water for an half hour, and it was still OK, have not tried salt water yet, but i am confident, theses Rosco gel are more plastic than gel and are made quite resistant, they are awfull as far as optical goes, but has I say, they should go on the flash not the lens.

Since these are just going in front of the flash, how about using a laminator to make them waterproof? I once wanted to take a joke photo of my wife reading a magazine to pass time on her safety stop. The first attempt was a soggy mess, so the next time we just laminated the front page and it worked just fine.

Sponsors

Advertisements