Sign in to follow this  
MrFish

Saudi Arabia anyone?

Well, i've finally had enough of the miserable weather in the UK and my wife and i are moving out to Saudi Arabia to live and work for three years.

But what i would like to know are anyones recommendations for dive shops/operators on the red sea. They must be operators that are ok with my wife diving.

One of the hardest things to find out is just how expensive is it?

I dived in and around Jeddah 20 years ago ;-) My father lived and worked there.

At that time there were plenty of dive shops, and all their clients were western guest workers, and their families. I wouldn't worry about it. Just ask around when you get there.

Nowadays you can even book live-aboards from Sweden.

http://dreamdiver.net/

Note: I do not know anything about this dive operator other than that they are marketed by Swedish travel agencies.

/Anders

What a great move.

As an unaccompanied female teacher, I had a fabulous time learning to dive and diving the reefs around Jeddah for two years. There is a lot of beach diving..you can literally wade a few yards to the edge of a wall and drop off. Several of the beaches [westerners only] have dive shops where you can rent equipment, get tanks filled etc.

A good outfit is Red Sea Divers. They run day trips [3tank dives to offlying reefs] about an hour on a high speed boat. Once the port and immigration has been left behind, one can take off the dreaded black abaya and live normally again. The cost is very reasonable...three years ago, it was 120 ryalls for the day about 60dollars US.

I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements