Sign in to follow this  
jsparks

DS 125 battery not charging fully

I have recently noticed that my Ike DS 125 battery does not take on a full charge after charging for the appropriate amount of time.

Anyone else experience this?

Ike, any other reports? Can you fix this issue?

Might be out of balance cells. What charger are you using?

Have you left the pack sitting for a long while?

A slow constant trickle charge may bring it back, by rebalancing the cells.

Don

Re "I have recently noticed that my Ike DS 125 battery does not take on a full charge after charging for the appropriate amount of time. "

Two questions.

1. Are you using the standard charger or the quick charger?

2. How do you know the batter pack is not taking a full charge?

Same thing happened to BOTH my battery packs. Sent one back last summer only for the same thing to happen to the other one just before Christmas - haven't gotten around to mailing it off to Ikelite yet.

Use the standard charger. The battery packs appear to be fully charged once you take it off the charger and "test" it with the strobe (all 3 lights are lit), but after 24 hours, they're down to 1/3 power, without being fired.

Kim

:roll: That's normal with all NiMH or NiCad rechargeable batteries...charge until just before you dive...

~Matt Segal

You never need "prior authorization" to send a product for testing or repair directly to Ikelite.

I am using the standard charger and have put the strobe on test mode just after charging. It only get 2 lights.

Ike, what is your warranty on the batteries and what would be the cost for testing and repair? Do I need to send the entire strobe or just the battery?

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements