Sign in to follow this  
james

Ikelite Mini-Review Posted

Hi Gang,

I posted a mini-review of the new small Ikelite housing and ports:

http://wetpixel.com/module-pagesetter-view...-3-pid-53.phtml

One thing that really impressed me is Ikelite's manual focus port for the 105mm Macro. It has a built-in focus gear in the front of the port that "live" inside the port. It never needs to be mounted on the lens, instead, when the lens is slid into the port, the gear slides right over the rubber focus ring and grips it. It's one less thing to lose. There is an AF-MF shift collar that mounts on the back of the lens and is used with the zoom knob on the housing to shift between AF and MF - pretty nice.

Cheers

James

New manual focus port for the 105? I owned a manual focus port with integrated focus gear for the 105 at least 10 years ago. It was an Ike port. Worked like a charm if I remember correctly

Does the focus knob not get in the way when you are trying to get low/close to your subject? I think the perspective in this image is a little deceptive.

Alex

focusport.jpg

The focus knob can be rotated to any position that you want.....I prefer about 45 degrees down :)

Karl

Ikelite ports can fit on (rotationally) in whichever way you wish... ;)

~Matt Segal

Sorry, I was confused a bit - as the manual focus port for the Canon 100mm USM macro is the new product. Since this lens uses an ultrasonic motor, it's not even necessary to use an AF-MF shift collar. Very slick.

Cheers

James

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements