Sign in to follow this  
kellerdweller

New Web Site

Heidi and I have put together a web site with a few underwater galleries and trip reports:

www.heidi-and-shaun.com

It is a first try and we hope to continue developing the site.

Father Christmas brought a new 20D and Ikelite housing, plus a housing for Heidi's video camera. We are heading off to North Ari Atoll in the Maldives next week and so will have some new images to share by the end of next month. So far we have both only shot with a small Canon iXUS V3 and an Olympus 5060, will be a fun experience to get used to the SLR.

Constructive criticism on the site would be gratefully received. We have used Microsoft Publisher for the main pages (apologies to linux users if it doesn't load) and have used Photoshop CS for the galleries. What tools do other people use?

Enjoy and thanks all for the great ongoing education that you provide

Hi there. Hmmm... well, there's really not much to critique on... there are no links... just the front page, that's it.

- Sean

Hmmm...

I think the problem lies with the fact that we developed the site using Microsoft publisher, anybody not using MS IE seems to have trouble accessing the site. Sorry about this, our web knowledge is limited so far and we simply used the easiest tool available.

Does anybody have any suggestions for an alternate tool set that is fairly easy to useand cheap :)

Go check out www.tucows.com - there are quite a few FREE applications there, including HTML editors...

- Sean

Run screaming from your html program

I've tried to view your site with Mozilla and Safari on the Mac, and with Mozilla, Netscape and IE on a windows machine. Only IE on windows actually works, and it was quite slow to load for a relatively simple page.

I use Dreamweaver personally, but that is not exactly cheap. I would second the suggestion to check out some of the freeware/public domain html editors that actually produce html!

I liked it - very professional and easy to navigate. I had no problems loading or opening anything - I use MS IE and have high-speed cable internet.

I enjoyed reading the copy, and the black background (my choice as well) makes the pictures really stand out. I love the shark on the front page too - a really cool effect.

My only suggestion would be that when you have time, try doing your page headings in Photoshop and make that text into a cool graphic. Make it different than the regular copy text. That's just the graphic artist in me coming out.

My 2 cents - it's great!

C

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements