echeng

Are you being asked to change your e-mail address?

Are you being asked to change your e-mail address when you log into the forums?

David (Ponsui) found that if you set your e-mail address to a second e-mail address (in User CP->Change Email Address), go through the e-mail change process, and then change it back to your original e-mail address, the message goes away.

It must be a problem with the forum migration code, which I didn't write. The solution is easy, but I apologize for the inconvenience.

Hello Eric,

Is it possible that you change my email address from xxxxxxxx@yahoo.es to yyyyyyyyyyyy@yahoo.com? I tried to change it myself in the control panel but it seems that is already in use in WP (maybe I used it in the beginning of time....) so I don´t get notification of replies etc...

Thank you very much!

There is an existing account with that email address. We cant have 2 accounts with the same address.The other account seems to be yours as well.

There is an existing account with that email address. We cant have 2 accounts with the same address.The other account seems to be yours as well.

Thank you Cor. That is what I meant, if you could delete the one with the xxxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com (which is obviously mine but you can go ahead and check it by sending an email etc...) so I can change the one I use (davichin...) from yyyyyyyyyyy@yahoo.es to yyyyyyyyyyyy@yahoo.com

Sorry for bothering you with this :)

I changed the email address on the other account to a non-existing one. Now you can change yours.

Uh, you guys might not want to publish email addresses on the forum. Spammers harvest email addresses from websites...

Uhm..you guys? Anyways, I assume he knows and doesnt care, but just in case, i changed it for him :)

Sponsors

Advertisements