anthp

Ikelite 8" Dome

So how much is the dome and the shade together? How do you put the two together are there screws or is it some kind of bayonet mount? Karl, did you get your 8 inch from Ryan? I also notice on Ikelite's page now that this is the "recommended" dome for the 12-24, I had not seen that before.

Tony

Tony, you can get the 8" dome from Ryan. The shade is secured with 4 set screws. I bought the shade from B&H for around $50, but I'm not sure they still have them at that price...you'll have to check.

I use it with the 12-24 and the Sigma 15.....much better corner sharpness IMO

Karl

There is an 8" Aquatica Dome Shade on eBay at this time. It is at US$24.00 at this time. This is the same one I have. It has 8 set screws. 4 are close to the edge and allow the shade to be rotated but prevent the shade from coming off. 4 are lined up with the edge of the dome and will lock the shade to the dome.

Well I got the shade from ebay and it looks pretty good. I haven't received the dome from Ryan yet so don't know if it will fit. He tells me there has be quite a bit of variation in size of the WA shades. If it doesn't fit, out comes the dremel motor. It didn't come with any set screws, anyone know where to pick some up or which size to get?

Tony

Hi Tony, the thread size is 6/32 but better yet contact Blake or Norma at Aquatica info@aquatica.ca and they will be happy to send you some along with the small allen key.

Regard's

Turns out the set screws were in the little holes of the shade. Real dinky..so it looks like I am all "set" just waiting for the dome to arrive tomorrow to check it out.

Tony

Anybody got one of these yet?

Dome on Ikelite Website

I have one that I used for a week on a liveaboard diving the GBR and Coral Sea. I really liked it. It works with both my 10-22 lens as well as my 28-105.

Sponsors

Advertisements