DavidG

Subal D10 viewfiender?

Hi !

I am finally getting a Subal D10 and I am not sure if you can get the GS viewfinder for this housing.

Tanks

David

Yeah! Go David. You'll love it.

Sadly Oceanoptics in London told me some months back that the GS viewfinder can not be retro-fitted to the D10. Pity.

In practice I have found the D10 viewfinder is pretty good. Sure, it is tough to compose right to the edges - but, with a little practice, I have had no problems.

I can recommend it as well. Have the GD viewfinder on my Sealux housing which is the same. This was actually one of the main reasons I have chosen Sealux being the only 10D housing with a "real" viewfinder. I had a lot of concerns when switching to digital due to the even smaller DSLR camera viewfinders (cropped sensors) which are pretty small without an enhancement by the housing optics.

I would buy it again.

Julian

The magnified viewfinder from Subal can not be retrofitted on D10 or N10. That comes straight from Subal. You can only get it in D70 or D2X (in the Nikon range, dont know about other brands).

Cor

If the Subal Housing was designed in 2004 or later then it can be setup with the GS Finder. But Subal is only installing in new housing purchases, they don't have enough GS Finders available for retrofit's at this time. This will of course change once more GS Finders are avaialble.

We have been surprised by the demand for this finder. We expected D2H/X and EOS 1DS/MARK II customers to want the finder, but many D70 & 20D customers are ordering the finder as well.

I would pay any amount (well almost) to Subal if they'd be able to put it on my D10 and N10. But unfortunately it doesnt fit those housings. For the D10 i can sortof understand, since the D100 is basically EOL anyways, so people can upgrade to a D2X or D200 if that ever comes out. But its really a shame they cant rig something up for the N10. The F100 is a great camera and it deserves a great viewfinder :D

Cor

"We have been surprised by the demand for this finder. We expected D2H/X and EOS 1DS/MARK II customers to want the finder, but many D70 & 20D customers are ordering the finder as well."

As one who has used an RS and who also has a D70 (but not UW!), I find it no surprise at all. I would think Nikon's ears would be burning with all the negative comments on the VF on the net

TK

Sponsors

Advertisements