Sign in to follow this  
sugar

diopters

Anyone have any suggestions on use of diopters? I know at one point there was a listing somewhere... I shoot a Canon 10d in a Sea and Sea housing with too many lenses to mention...

Thanks for any info,

Jen

Hi jen, 2 elements (aka doublets) are much better, a sugestion is get the bigger filter size and use step-up adapters to retrofit the smaller lens. Julian has got a feature on this, and there is also some interesting article in the feature section.

http://wetpixel.com/i.php/full/dome-theory/

Regards

Canon makes diopters called 500D in various sizes to fit various lenses. They are basically +2 diopters with 2 elements - they are very high quality.

They are very useful on the 100mm lens (58mm front thread) and on the 70-200 f4L (67mm thread) and the Sigma 150mm macro (72mm front thread).

Cheers

James

Jen, are you looking for information on diopter lenses for macro work or for use with wide angle lenses to focus properly on the virtual image?

If it's for macro work then the above posts will help you, if it's for a wide angle lens then we'd need to know the lens and port in question.

Macro- the Canon 100mm macro lens is what I was really looking for a diopter for. Thnaks for all the info!

OK, good - I haven't led you astray...:-)

IMO the Canon 500D is the best - it's around $60. Since it's a multi-element design, it results in MUCH less chromatic aberration than the single element "cheapy" diopters.

Cheers

James

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements