Sign in to follow this  
divingbiker

PT-015 and strobes

Hi, I'm new to the forum........getting into digital photography, previously used film. As a result I'm looking to invade your minds. I have a C-5050 with PT-015 OEM housing. I also have Sea&Sea ys60 and ys30duo. Would like to make these work together but I'm finding advice confusing. The ys 60 has a 4-pin sea&sea connector and the ys30 a 5-pin (Nikonos) connector. The housing has no attachment for strobes. Has anybody successfully connected Sea&Sea strobes to a PT-015? Or is it better to forget what I have and purchase again. Any advice or pointers would be really appreciated.......thanx :blink:

Hi there.

just a few possible answers for you regarding this setup

Your Ys30 has slave functionality (i think) you could run this from the 5050 only if the internal flash can be set to SLAVE, this will disable preflash, thus triggering the ys30 correctly

as for you ys60 Sea & Sea, not really sure here, but i suspect that your going to be out of luck.

also try Mike Finger at www.MIKE-DIVE.DE

mike does a Olympus to Nikonos converter for the 5060 pt020. i use one and its brill. with 2x ys90's

mike is a wizard at converting housings,

give him a shout

regards

craig

P.s if you want to shift the ys30duo, give me a shout i'm looking for one at the moment. you'd be better off with a ys90dx really you could slave that from the pt-15 no worries and its preflash compatible.

give me a shout @ craig_sharon@yahoo.co.uk

based in staffordshire UK

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements