scubapics

Malta Underwater Photo Gallery

Hello everyone. I've been lurking around here for over a year and decided it's time to expose my work to the world for better or for worse ;-)

I started taking u/w photos for the first time ever in Malta last year. I haven't been on many trips since.

You can view my work on ScubaPics(UK)

Here is a taster:

CRW_0975.jpg

Hope you like it.

Thank you.

I use the following setup:

Canon 10D

Canon 15mm fisheye

Canon 17-40 Zoom

Sea and Sea DX-10D housing

Dual Sea and Sea YS90 Auto strobes

Hi Jim,

Nice pictures. Well done. :blink:

Where did you dive in Malta? I met two dive guides recently and they recommended Malta a lot. According to them almost every spot would be in reach from the island.

Where did you take those nice shots.

Greetings,

Chris

Thanks Chris. Just about all the dive sites in Malta are shore dives. With a good guide book (Peter Lemon's A Guide to Shore Diving The Maltese Islands), you can dive most of the sites without a guide as long as you have a buddy. That's what makes Malta so special in my book.

The photographs on the website are from all over the island, each one should have some text indicating the dive site. The ones that require a guide as such are the Blenheim Bomber, Imperial Eagle/Statue of Christ and the filming barge for Popeye. These are boat dives and the guide comes with the boat.

HMS Maori, Um el Faroud (not in photographs), the Rozi are all wrecks that you can dive from the shore. The last two require a bit of a swim and require good navigation skills. A guide is useful for the first dive to these sites so that you learn how to get there and back safely.

The Inland Sea and the Blue Hole in Gozo are also highly recommended dives. Whether you stay on Gozo or Malta, you can dive either as it's just a short ferry trip between the two.

HI Jim,

Excellent work!! when you have pics turn out like that you must

be very happy, I,ve not had any as good as yours yet. keep it

up & dive safe.

I have dived in Malta for the last five years,

and been taken (trying to ) photo,s & moved from a sea&sea

aqua-pix to a nikon D70 & a Seacam housing which I am about

to start using. Have you got any photo,s of the Comino Caves?

I dived with Dive Deep Blue from Bugibba, this dive center is

excellent.

Andy

Thanks. I've also been diving Malta for the last five years. I used to dive with Aquaventure in Mellieha but now dive with Maltaqua who aren't far from Dive Deep Blue. I haven't any photos from Comonio yet. Maybe this year although my priority is to capture the Inland Sea and Blue Hole.

Sponsors

Advertisements