Sign in to follow this  
kdietz

Shark Gallery is updated

Check out more shark shots at My Webpage

All shots are taken with the new Ikelite 8" dome and either the Sigma 15mm or Nikon 12-24mm

Karl

Professional model James "tigerslap" Wiseman:

Bahamas_2005_027.jpg

And I LOVED this one of Eric, Jimmy, and I at Eldorado:

Bahamas_2005_025.jpg

Look at all those reef sharks!

Good stuff Karl, thanks, I enjoyed your gallery. It looks like you got some GREAT shots with the 12-24 and the 8" dome.

Cheers

James

Wow, great shot. Especially love the great hammerhead shot! Must have been some trip... [drool]

Nice stuff. I like the tiger with the halo of remoras and also the 3 reef sharks that has a very pleasing symmetry. But in general I'd settle for any of the shots being mine!

Alex

Just looked at your pictures again Karl... very very nice... I must say that my favorite is probably the Eldorado shot.... that is amazing... looks like the 3 are getting trapped by the circling sharks... and I think one of the most incredible images, that doesn't even contain any sharks has to be 'Divers from the Sharks' perspective' - I can honestly say that's one of the most impressive images I've seen here at wetpixel, it would probably be in my top 5. Just incredible!

- Sean

:D

You should consider entering that shot... the divers from the shark's perspective into some competitions.... just my opinion... it has that sort of surreal heavenly look to it...

- Sean

Very impressive gallery Carl. I like the blue water color you're getting with the D70. The picture with the three divers at Eldorado....I think that's actually me with Jimmy and Eric.

Larry

Carl, I think you get an amazing blue color, so pure and clean, looks beautiful! I like specially the effect of the white sun rays falling from the surface at pic number 18. Pic 32 is for me a very relaxing scene, whith the shark's shilouette agaist the blue, great shot!

Tiger shark pics are impressive, and I notice a well balanced lightning in all of them. And the shots with grey shark over the reef have nice compositions.

Congratulations and thak you for sharing :blink:

Great shots Karl!

I really like the Great Hammerhead and the Tiger Shark (shot #2 of your gallery).

How are you liking the new Ikelite 8" dome? Does it make a big difference in image quality?

David.

PS. You really need to update your equipment webpage. It still shows your Nikon cp5000 and Oly4040, and it's been a while since that! :blink:

Thanks David and Ana for your comments :huh:

David, I'm sold on the 8" dome....IMO, image quality is definitely better for the 12-24mm and 15mm

I hope to have a new facelift for my website soon.... :blink:

Karl

Karl those are great Shark shots. I love the detail and the clarity. I have been thinking about the 8 inch dome but Ryan almost has me talked out of it. Says it will cause the housing to be real front heavy. I take it you think it is worth it. Your pictures seems to demonstrate that.

Tony

I was really impressed with Karl's photography.

AND -- as some of you know, Karl is one of the nicest guys around, too! (and no, I'm not just saying that because he lent me his sensor-cleaning kit) :o

Tony.....the 8" dome is the only way to go with the 12-24 and the 15 IMHO.....the sharper corners more than make up for the minimal handlling issues.....plus it looks cool :o:D

Bahamas_2005_005.jpg

Eric....thanks for your comments....

Karl

I second that - the 8" dome yields noticeably (did I spell that right?) better results and it adds BUOYANCY to the housing underwater, not weight. In fact, you'll want to use the Ikelite weight that comes w/ your housing.

I aldo agree that Karl is the nicest guy around :-)

Cheers

James

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements