Sign in to follow this  
hooked4life

Ion D-180 vs D-2000

I have a chance to buy a used D-180. Has the D-180 replaced the D-2000? Should I buy the D-180 if I can get a good deal?

I have a c5050 with Oly housing, and am pleased with the results but I need more light. I would start with 1 strobe and maybe move to duals. Most of my shooting would be less then 6 feet. I was looking at the DS-125 which appears to be a lot more powerful but I dont like the battery pack in the back and that you ahve to buy the charger seperate.

Thanks.. Will

Hi,

The D-2000 seems to me to be an upgrade from the older D-180. Both are optical triggered strobes of "similar" power, but the D-2000 has newer and more advanced circuitry, including S-TTL

You will be happy with either one when combined with your Olympus. If you can get a killer deal on the D-180, I'd say do that, otherwise, I'd recommend the D-2000.

HTH

James

The D2000 also has the advantage of 13 manual power settings vs none for the D180's and the D2000 is very slightly more powerful (GN 20 vs 18)...Agree with James' recommendations.

What do you mean with no manual settings for the D-180? Mine have 4: Full, 1/2, 1/4, and 1/8. I'd prefer 4 to 13...

Haven't used the D-2000 but the D-180 is excellent in manual mode (don't much care for the auto mode).

pardon me lidde - my bad - i forgot about the 4 settings on the d180!

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements