Sign in to follow this  
clarkedje

Going Pro

Hi Everyone,

I'd just like to ask exactly how one would go about taking on Underwater Photography as a career and how much money would a photographer hope to earn in a year.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dom

Hi Dom,

Bit of a hard question to answer... I'd imagine there are professional underwater photographers earning anything from $0-100K+

Certainly with any photography business, success is highly dependent on marketing and business abilities, with photographic talent being an important, but small contributer to ultimate earning potential. Certainly there are a number of very successful UW photographer with sublime ability, but then again, there are a number whose images are simply "stock photography", but they have managed to fill a market niche and make a living from it.

I'm afraid your question is a bit like the proverbial "length of string" question.

My suggestion would be that as a minimum it would be worth considering a dedicated marketing/small business course and possibly an UW photography course, depending on your abilities. Looking at your website, you are already well on the way to producing great work, so maybe a business course might be on the cards??

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements