Sign in to follow this  
Detonate

Video Lighting

So I got the video camera, got the housing, have NOT bought any lights.

There are just so many lighting solutions out there, I haven't decided what would be best for me yet.

In the long run, I want something as light and portable as possible, yet the 30 min - 1 hour burn times boasted by some of the Sea & Sea or Light & Motion solutions, don't really seem worth the money.

I was thinking I might give my UK Light Cannon a shot for starters. 3-4 hour burn times, sounds like quite a deal.

However, I can't find an adapter to connect my HID to the Sea & Sea "bendy arms".

I see that Gates sells a complete package that includes the lights and arms, but I already have Lights and Arms. All I really need is an adapter to attach it to the Sea & Sea arm. I also see that ULCS makes a ball adapter for UK HIDs, but that doesn't help for bendy arms either....

JIm, you mentioned "light and portable".

I love my UK HID, but those two words have nothing in common with them! The only way I have seen to make them "lite" is to adapt them to AA use, and then you give up the burn time.

In some cases, you get what you pay for, and I think video lights are one of those dases.

my humble $.02

Oh, I completely agree.

I'm thinking of useing my UK HID, while I search for a light and portable solution.

WHy don't you add an aluminum wing to the top of your housing, then you can attach the a ULCS ball to that and attach your UK lights that way. But of course you will have to buy a second UK light.

Having a wing on your video set up is also quite a good way to go as it adds a bit of lift and balance especially if you have a tendency to try to one hand your unit...

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements