herbko

more from bali

here's a few more... I hope to have the album up by end of the weekend.

CRW_8539.jpg

CRW_7284.jpg

CRW_7815.jpg

CRW_8002.jpg

CRW_8253.jpg

I really like the colors in the first one.... love the fact that the eye is closed in that second one... and the yellow color really stands out.... very nice images, all of them... they're very crisp as well. nice job...

- Sean

Hi Herb! Good shots!. First one I thik taht could be better with more ligtning in the orange branches at the lower part of the image, but it's a nice photo anyway. Second and third ones are great! that seahorse looks lovely, good close-up pics.

# 4 maybe the best for me, lot of sharpness and definition, rich colours and those eyes that seem to be fixed on you, it's amazing! Last one, great and intreresting shot, I like that black background.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing :o

Herb,

Wow - thanks for the warmup! I'm just finalizing my diving itinerary for Bali in Aug and this is just the thing to get me moving.

I like the anemone backpacking hermit the most. The eyes are amazing. Incredible saturation in these shots.

Cheers

James

Herb,

Wow - thanks for the warmup!  I'm just finalizing my diving itinerary for Bali in Aug and this is just the thing to get me moving.

I like the anemone backpacking hermit the most.  The eyes are amazing.  Incredible saturation in these shots.

Cheers

James

Thanks. I have one advice for diving Tulamben: Pack a pair of booties with thick soles. The bottom of my feet are still smarting from walking on the stones on the beach. Next time I will bring my drysuit rock boots. The natives are amazing. They bounce along carring 2, sometimes 3, complete sets of scuba gear on bare feet. I've never felt like such a wimp.

Well there you are.

Love the sharpness of the last shot.

Another great sunburst capture by Herb. Not the prettiest or most interesting foreground but you couldn't ask for more from the sunburst.

Nice to see the tiger shrimp too. I've never seen one of them...

Alex

Another great sunburst capture by Herb. Not the prettiest or most interesting foreground but you couldn't ask for more from the sunburst.

Nice to see the tiger shrimp too. I've never seen one of them...

Alex

Thanks. I agree about the forground. It was close to noon with sun high over head, and there weren't many subjects I can find that would allow a sunburst shot. There was a pair of Tiger shrimps, but they wouldn't cooperate and let me get both in the same frame.

Herb did you shoot the 10-22? Somewhere recently I saw a view comparison and it was larger than the 15mmfe.

I'm curious if you had shot it and had any thoughts on the lens and results.

Todd

Herb did you shoot the 10-22? Somewhere recently I saw a view comparison and it was larger than the 15mmfe.

I'm curious if you had shot it and had any thoughts on the lens and results.

Todd

Yes. Most of my WA from this trip was with the 10-22 including the first shot on the thread. It's hard to tell if it's really wider without doing a side-by-side, but the flexiblity of the zoom is very nice. Zooming to 22 allowed some fish and turtle shots that would have been hard with the 15mm.

Herb,

Wow - thanks for the warmup!  I'm just finalizing my diving itinerary for Bali in Aug and this is just the thing to get me moving.

Hi James, Julie (who just placed second in Epic, yay) and I will around Bali in August also. Where are you heading? We'll be going to Wakatobi for 3 weeks, and maybe 5 days in Bali before that.

Cor

Hi Cor,

Good to hear! We get there the 5th. Well be up north for the first two weeks, then in Ubud and Seminyak the last week.

Cheers

James

Yes. Most of my WA from this trip was with the 10-22 including the first shot on the thread. It's hard to tell if it's really wider without doing a side-by-side, but the flexiblity of the zoom is very nice. Zooming to 22 allowed some fish and turtle shots that would have been hard with the 15mm.

Here is the one I was thinking of

dpreview

From this it has me thinking about that 10-22mm

Hi Todd,

Don't let that photo fool you - something just doesn't look right about it... For a 10mm lens on a 1.6x camera the perspective should look a lot more "strange." Anyone else get that feeling?

Here's a 12mm shot from the 1DmkII:

painted4_05_0043.jpg

Cheers

James

Hi Cor,

Good to hear!  We get there the 5th.  Well be up north for the first two weeks, then in Ubud and Seminyak the last week.

Cheers

James

We get there around the 10th, then around Ubud for 5 days or so, then to Wakatobi. Looks like we're just going to miss you :o

Cor

Anyone else get that feeling?

The link Todd gave seems consistent with my shots taken with the 10-22@10mm...it's just very wide, but nothing of extreme distortion that would be associated with a FE lens...

~Matt Segal

Are you saying it is equal to the 15mmfe without the distortion?

That is what I am wondering as I too felt the link just seemed a little wide to me I only have the fe so I cannot make the side by side comparison.

I"m not talking about barrel or pincushion distortion. I'm talking about perspective - does the room look square to you? Believe it or not, it is.

The link that Todd posted just looks too square to be taken w/ a closeup perspective from a very wide lens.

Cheers

James

I"m not talking about barrel or pincushion distortion.  I'm talking about perspective - does the room look square to you?  Believe it or not, it is.

The link that Todd posted just looks too square to be taken w/ a closeup perspective from a very wide lens.

Cheers

James

Ahh...got ya. I do see what you are referring to.

Sponsors

Advertisements