Sign in to follow this  
bjf123

Strobe for D70 and Nikonos V

Well, after many years of service, my Ikelite Substrobe 150 decided to give up the ghost. It worked fine when I tested it last Wednesday before leaving for a Memorial Day Weekend trip diving Bimini and the cays to the south aboard the SV Juliet. However, once on board, it wouldn't work at all. The battery pack was showing a charge, but when dropped into the flash housing, the contacts to the flash head showed no juice.

Anyway, I recently got a Nikon D70 and plan to eventually get a housing for it. Does anyone have any recommendations for a strobe that will work with my Nikonos V and also with the D70 once I get the housing?

Most strobes will work TTL with the Nik V, but few will work TTL with the D70. As far as I know only the Subtronic and Ikelite digital strobes will do iTTL with the D70. Ikelite have done a nice implementation of iTTL with their housings and DS125 strobes - you can control exp comp on the back of the housing and do manual exposure control via housing (rather than flash) as well.

I use Nikonos 105 with my D70 in Ike housing (manually of course).

The 105 can work with the Nikonos in ITTL.

You'll need to buy 2 cords since the Ike use different housing connector.

New Subtronic strobe models support iTTL, standard-TTL and have 5 manual settings. A one-strobe-fits-all solution.

I used 2 DS125s with a Nexus housing and a D70 and also with a Nik V. No problems

I have a nikonos 105 that I could be convinced to part with......

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements