EcoQuest

San Diego Film Festival

Hello everybody,

hope to get an answer for my question, the San Diego Film Festival accepts only videos in Mini DV NTSC.

well of course i shoot and work projects in PAL, how do i get my pal movie on a mini dv in ntsc format. :D

If you own a Mac G5 then Final Cut Pro does a good job, not sure if it is a plug in or not.

What i just found is something called Canopus Procoder Express for $60 that you can download from their website, works a charm.

Also you could always take to a pro lab to convert for you.

Personally accepting only in NTSC mini dv is stupid if you ask me. What are they using to view the entries? They should be accepting DVDs and watching on big screen monitors from a computer or a multi format dvd player. How closed minded of them

M

well the days that i worked with mac are over :D very sad, had a G4 with final cut )

i guess i will try canopus like you suggested used it befor for dvd us customers, but i guess the real question is when i export back to tape/camera vx 2000 which is pal,, is the camera able to record the ntsc file proper on to the tape and will play back in ntsc :D

about the festival rules, well it is a us film festival in san diego, i guess it is stupid but this are the rules, mini dv pal is the norm but well what can i say......

and with multisystem players no problem this days....

thanks a lot for your reply

Sponsors

Advertisements