kathymm

Indonesia (North Sulawesi) Gallery

Excellent Kathy. You've shown us some of the best Sulawesi has to offer. I particularly like the schooling barracouta shot.

Beautiful gallery. I have the same setup. Is a "macromate" the same thing as a "Woody's diopter"? Where did you get yours?

Hal

I enjoyed reviewing your trip.....very nice collection of shots.....looks like you saw everything

Karl

Thanks everyone. The trip was really great.

The Macro Mate is sold by Backscatter. Randy started out with a Woody's diopter (which I used on this trip) but moved to the Macro Mate as soon as he saw photo's taken with it.

The barracuda were very cool. We were drifting towards them pretty quickly, I was firing away as I drifted. To get that shot I was drifting on my back shooting pretty much straight up. Good thing I didn't bump into anything. :-)

We'll go again, in two weeks you're only just getting started.

Kathy

Nice images...I particularly like the juvenile batfish!

Marli

Gorgeous shots, I can't wait to go in August.

Great shots Kathy. I particularly like the lion fish.

The more I see and read about Sulawesi the more excited I get about my trip there next month.

Susan and I will be staying at Lembeh Resort for the first week of our trip. For week two we will join the group participating in the Asian Diver Magazine shootout as Tasik Ria Resort near Manado.

I'm considering the purchase of a Macromate wet diopter before I go.

Perhaps we can talk at the next NCUPS meeting.

-Brad

Hi Brad,

You'll love Lembeh. Lembeh Resort was really nice, first class. Check out the "Too Much Stuff" thread in the Travel Forum (if you haven't already). There's some good information there.

Will be happy to see you and Susan at the NCUPS meeting also. Is she going to be taking that "film" camera to North Sulawesi? :-)

Best,

Kathy

Susan and I will be staying at Lembeh Resort for the first week of our trip. For week two we will join the group participating in the Asian Diver Magazine shootout as Tasik Ria Resort near Manado.

-Brad

Hey Brad, i think you are in for a real treat with the Asian Diver shootout, some great names (Doubiliet sp?) will be there, and what better of a place to work on your photography than the cradle of reef life? I also have some friends who will be attending (most notably one of my partners in crime Dougie Sloss and his partner/model Lorenza) see if you can steal her away from him for some modelling time!

Kathy, i tried looking at your gallery but my connection is so slow it only opened 4 photos in about 5 mins so i kinda gave up...

Those 4 looked good though! Sounds like you had a blast and some good photos to boot

Mike

Will be happy to see you and Susan at the NCUPS meeting also. Is she going to be taking that "film" camera to North Sulawesi?  :-)

When we had lunch with you, Randy, Rick and Robbie in early May Susan and I were just three days from departing for Vanuatu. The liveaboard canceled the trip one day before we were to leave. Our bags were packed. Our trip was refunded and we applied the money toward Indonesia. For no additional expense will get in more than twice as many boat dives in Indo then we were to do on the Vanuatu liveaboard.

We will be bringing the 20D/Subal, a Nikonos V setup, and a L&M digital video rig. Susan prefers video so I will be free to use the 20D for most of the trip. There will be some sharing now and then. I enjoy video too sometimes.

-Brad

I also have some friends who will be attending (most notably one of my partners in crime Dougie Sloss and his partner/model Lorenza)  see if you can steal her away from him for some modelling time!

I'm afraid this might get me in trouble with my primary model/wife. Susan and I have been modeling for each other for seven years now. Sometimes we communicate better underwater than above. There are some big perks to having a spouse involved in this hobby!

-Brad

Great pics Kathy! Maybe I like the crab on soft coral the best, but you have a good collection of every kind of animals. Thanks for sharing, I've enjoyed a lot!

I am on my way there next week for 17 days at KBR. These shots just get me more excited. Let's hope TSA is kind enough to get my luggage there with goddies and all still packed.

Joe

Sponsors

Advertisements