laz217

An Idea!

Alex's FREE presentation on digital photography first gave me the idea and I'd like to make the recommendation again on a more broader scale. As I'm sure Eric and the rest of the Wetpixel gang don't already have enough on their plates, I'd like to offer a suggestion...

How about the possibilities of offering live streaming video presentations by different folks in the industry. I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to persuade some world-wide legends and some local (Wetpixel) legends to jump at the offer. There can be presentations on everything from diving in Antartica to swimming with alligators in Florida. The possibilities are endless. I suppose both video and simple moderated chat sessions would work.

Any thoughts?

Interesting idea Laz, could be very useful.

However, i think this sort of thing could be a time consuming effort for those involced in producing said projects. It might require a pay per view type of thing for those said people to earn something for their time.

Good idea Laz.

At one point, I wanted to get everyone together for some online chat presentations. There wouldn't be any video, just text and perhaps some images to review on a website.

Is there still interest? It would be either be done by yours truly, or some other sucker, er I mean photo pro.

Cheers

James

Yeah, I'd be interested in either an online chat presentation or a video.. Bring it on :)

Great idea, I just have to near my laptop at home and not at work since the fire wall there will block any chat application.

If the chat thing is something we want to do, I'll have to resurrect the chat client here. If you're interested, please post here. :)

Since a lot of people still is stuck with slow and low bandwidth connections I think that a "normal" chat would be great.

Peter

Many of the on-going threads seem rather chatty already! A consideration is the global particpation and attendent time zone effect this has. Things that can be 'canned' and looked at later are therefore better.

Tom

Of course, any live chat would be logged and posted as an article for folks that couldn't make it. 9PM EST has proven to be a good time for other chats I've done.

Cheers

James

Sounds like a great idea!! 9PM would be OK for us aussies, provided it was on a saturday your time (it would already be 2PM sunday for us :)) We are 17 hours ahead of LA time.

Any other time and we'd probably be at work.

I can think of nothing I'd rather do with a Saturday night...:-)

Thanks for the feedback Anthony, I would shoot to do the chats on Sunday night at 9pm Eastern but can be persuaded to change if plied with alcohol, and or money...:-)

Cheers

James

Jeez James! What are you DOING here?

Aren't you supposed to be having a wedding this weekend? :):D

Thanks for the feedback Anthony, I would shoot to do the chats on Sunday night at 9pm Eastern but can be persuaded to change if plied with alcohol, and or money... :D

Two things:

1. Agree with richorn!

2. I'll stick a Coopers Sparkling Ale (beautiful naturally brewed, no preserves, aussie beer) in the post...

Seriously, is there really anything better to do on a Saturday night?? :)

I think it is a great idea.

I would suggest that is has a pre-specified topic and we try to stick to that topic. Also, I would also think that a suggested level of discussion be noted. (New,advanced etc)

Sponsors

Advertisements