Sign in to follow this  
satura

Patima Housings

Wow!

I did not know Nikon makes the F80 also in a left handed configuration...

timo

Look at the camera photo again .. they have simply shown it mirrored .. NIKON may have been photoshopped but they forgot to photoshop the F80 ! its backwards !

they are pretty mean looking housings ... solid and yet chic looking ... wait can you use the world chic with diving and UWP ? that goes against everything i know as a dirty divemaster ... i must take my clothes out the laundry to make up for that ! :))

i didn't read but they look like aluminium .. which i would think make them super light too. probably cheap as well. NICE

Hi ,

I use it since 3 months ..... perfekt ...... I have a preversion for the C5060 and use it also with my 7070 . I is perfekt manufactured with a perfekt handling you always have the housing in two hands zooming with your forefinger ( right way )

and shooting with your thump. By shortening the inside resetspring you are able to get the fokus point and you are able to take long sutter times without any problems ( 1/15 ) if you are able to .

In Germany it will be delivered incl. the Oly TTL-C3 converter and the original Patima Nikonos socket .

I do not use the original handles my hands are to large so I have some addings cause I am Mikedive :D

here is a pic of my setup :

P6265586.JPG

You see two Z220s with the prototyp MD buoncy armes and the MD Q40 pilot arm.

the wight is about 6,00 kg uw only about 100 g with the Inon UWL 100 and Domeport it is a little :D more but I am working at some solutions for the Inon to get it neutral.

any special questions ???

Michael

Hi Michael

Can you tell me if the Inon 67mm threaded lenses fit the Patima 7070 housing? Does the UWL 100 lens also fit and work with this housing?

- Jeff

Hi ,

you are able to use all M67 lenses I use the INON UWL100 + Dome , but you have to zoom to 6.7 mm to get no vignetting or to crop after , in combination with the dome you can use the whole zoom with out any blurry problems so it is posible to get WA makro shots down to a distance of 1.9 cm . Additional by using the hyperfokal settings ( 1/125 , f 5,6 MF to 58 cm ) you have a fixfokus cam with a depth of field from 30 cm up to infinety to use without the slow AF a perfekt solution to get out of the shutter delay. In combination with the Oly TTL converter you have a real ttl strobe fireing . Without the TTL converter ( incl. only delivered trough Tramex in Europ ) you will be able to trigger the strobe in manual settings and you may need a strobe with a few more then 4 manual power settings eg. the Z220 or the Sea&Sea Ys90 DX or Auto . The Inon D2000 and other optical triggered strobes are not supported cause there is no flash window in front of the housing.

Michael

Look at the camera photo again .. they have simply shown it mirrored .. NIKON may have been photoshopped but they forgot to photoshop the F80 ! its backwards !

I bet there are a few left handed photographers eying up that camera.

Alex

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements