scorpio_fish

Hookah and a dry suit

So, not that this is vital info or anything, but the curiosity is killing me. If you are in a dry suit in a shark cage and breathing off of a hookah system, how do add air to your dry suit?

Small pony bottle with reg and inflator hose perhaps?

Or the vendor of the cage could put a manifold where the regs come off and have an inflator hose there that everyone can use????

Cheers

James

Add more air than needed on surface (on the boat), and then vent as is required for comfort once you're in the cage. Depth is constant, so adjustment shouldn't be necessary.

~Matt Segal

You don't! Squeeze at 6' in a shark cage with reasonable thick underwear will be minimal. Although for my 2 White Shark trips I chose to dive wet in a one piece 7mm, hooded vest, boots and 3mm neoprene gloves. I suppose you could request or bring a pony bottle and tie it to your weight harness. For my taste, too much complication for the minimum benefit.....

A wet suit can be sewn together anywhere and you can keep on diving. If you're going to Guadalupe the water temps even in November don't dip below mid-60s F. plus scrambling in and out of the cages is asking for a rip, tear, valve getting caught,etc. IMHO.

In 2002 I did one 5.5 hour stint at the end of a trip when people passed on their turn in the cage rotation :D Doc Anes told me at the time it was a "record" beating Howard Hall who was diving a dry suit and eventually had to get out for a "break" if you know what I mean LOL

I'm sure many have done this since then for maybe even longer. Just make sure you have a HOT breakfast that day!

YMMV

David Haas

Sponsors

Advertisements