Wow,

I have been out for a trip lately and I completly missed these threads. This filter is GREAT.

Please count me in for 1, for the 10.5.

Thanks for sharing all this knowledge.

Hi Alex

I'll be take one for a 10.5

Let me know when they are available.

hey alex,

i'd defintely be in for a filter for the sigma 12-24 :D

hope to male it to your talk to night, if work does not interfere

/paul

Just to reassure everyone. Even if I am not reply - I am registering your intent - and those who have emailed, Private messaged or posted me a message will have first dips when production is done.

Paul, my talk is in the second half of BSoUP tonight - so if you can make it by 9-9:30 you will still catch it.

Alex

Alex,

Ok, now I get it. Wasn't sure what you meant by the "Magic" reference. Guess I need to spend more time watching these threads...except diving is so much more fun!

Put me down for two, 10.5 and the Sigma 15.

Thanks,

Rand

Hi

Waiting for the magic filter for my 16 and 10,5 fisheyes.... Looking forward to get it ...

Aparently, it is already impossible to get the Kodak CC40R gel... At least, I haven't been able to find a single piece in Spain, France and Portugal... And, even worse, many shops told me that this gel is not made anymore.....

Cheers

Matetes

Alex ... can you slip one in ya bag for me when ya come down here .. sounds like a nice little toy for my sardine run trip next year ..

i am kinda under the impression that unlike with CY filters with this one you will be able to use a strobe as well and it own't make the image 'too' red .. is that a good assumption of how this bad boy might work ...

The Magic Filter is designed for available light shooting only.

That said there may be instances when it could work with flash - but it is not ideal - and I can't think of an example where this would be more beneficial to shooting with filter and flash than shoot with either filter only or flash only.

Alex

p.s. This discussion has the most recent news on the Magic:

http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9213

Hi Alex,

What about a 72mm thread for my 14 mm Sigma ?

Marc

Hi Alex,

What about a 72mm thread  for my 14 mm Sigma ?

Marc

Can you just use a 72 to 77 step-up ring?

The Magic 77 front of lens filter is just a large gel disc - which is 75mm diameter. It is designed to be placed behind and held in place by a dioptre or a UV filter. We don't plan to make any other sizes at present - but you could easily trim this filter to fit.

I am not familiar with this lens - but most ultra-wides have domed front elements which make them unsuitable for front mounted filters. If your 14mm takes a thread filter then you could mount a trimmed Magic behind a UV or dioptre filter.

Alex

Hey Alex, this is going to be Great!!! I hope to have one before the Bahamas trip next month...as mentioned in my P.M. to you, I might like to have one for the 12-24 my wife is going to buy as soon as I remind her.....as well as one for the Nik. 10.5...Thanks again, let me know how soon!!

John

Ok Alex,

You can put me down for a 77mm when they become available.

Thanks,

Marc

Thanks for the replies, guys. All noted.

I am going to close this thread now as I have decided on the filter sizes we will make:

Magic 10.5N - 27x27mm - Nikon 10.5mm, 14mm

Magic 15S - 23x25mm - Sigma 15mm, 8mm, 12-24mm, 15-30mm

Magic 15C - 31x31mm - Canon 15mm, 14mm, 16-35mm

Magic 16N - 26mm disc - Nikon 16mm, 15mm AIS.

And Magic 77 - 75mm disc - front mounted filter for many lenses.

homepage.jpg

Shot with Magic Filter, Nikon D70 + 16mm in Subal Housing. No flash at about 6-7m.

The other reason for closing this discussion is I think that some may feel that it is getting a bit too commercial and I don't want to be criticised for corrupting the altruistic spirit of Wetpixel :o ! (Nobody has said anything to me - its just my decision)

If you are interested in the filter please send me private messages or emails.

There is another discussion open on this filter here:

http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9213

Alex