motionsync

Camera & housing Insurance in Europe?

To everybody that lives in Europe where do you recomment to insurance my setup?

God these are expensive for camera equipment 8% of the value. thats expensive if it is all worth 5K

I just went to my local insuranceagancy and took a valuablilities insurance. They took copies off the purchasereceipts off my complete kit.

I have in written that floods are insured (wasn't mentioned in the polis). Cost: €20,- per €1K.

In the UK the cheapest option is to get a premium house insurance policy with international cover for sports and leisure equipment.

Not sure if other EU countries do that sort of thing though

Steve

Thanks Steve

I have a premium house insurance policy and I have just spoken to them. Camera , lenses and UW housing is included!!

The equipment must have max 3500 EURO of value.

If something go wrong you pay 100 EUROS and the rest my agency.

If, after some years, the Camera or lenses etc.. are discontinue

they calculate the dayprice.

Other altenativ is a special camera insurance agenty that all the proffesionals in Sweden have. There you pay:

- Europa Insurance: 4,30% of the insurance value

- world wide Insurance: 5,70% of the insurance value

If something go wrong you pay 200 EUROS and the rest my agency.

For equipment less that 5 years old they calculate the original price &

after 5 years the dayprice.

Lambis

Hi Lambis

that sounds like the standard policies we get here also. I shopped round and eventually found a policy that would cover any amount of equipment - the price goes up accordingly the more gear I need insured, but there is no limit providing I specify the equipment. I find it so much cheaper than a dedicated insurer!!

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

My house insurance covers only 3500 EURO. For the moment is O.K. but if I buy some strobes and lenses then we have a problem

The special insurance is ca 200 euro the year

Maybe I split the insurance.

UW housing and strobes with a house insurance

Camera body and lenses with a special policy

Lambis

Hello Lambis,

double check that your insurance include under water activity, I don't know how its work in your place bur where I live the 'all activity' section don't include u/w and there is no one insurance company that willing to insure cameras u/w :)

As my insurance agent tolled me: you have to see the phrase 'under water' on paper, not only agreement by speaking.

I mortgage myself every year to Dive-Master, but they cover against flooding, ditching in an emergency, and do a good travel/recompression/evacuation insurance (I have been evacuated for a non-diving illness, and it all worked!). House insurance, I have been told by some friends who have claimed, won't neccessarily cover for in-water problems: there ain't no such thing as a free lunch....

You should look at DEPP- Coral Reef. They make insurance for all over the world.

For 5K i pay 160 per year.

DEPP- Divers Equipment Protection Program

www.equipmentprotection.com/programs/coralreef.html

Hope this helps

Sponsors

Advertisements