Sign in to follow this  
a1johnny

Sherwood Wisdom Dive Computer

My Sherwood Wisdom Dive Computer displays WET across the top even though I have dried it off and have been out of the water for over 48 hours. Every 2 hours that goes by it beeps and starts counting the surface interval from 0.00 to 2 hours then beeps again and starts over. I know the WET stands for the wet contacts have been bridged but what could cause this if the computer has been out of the water for 48 hours. Where are the WET contacts so I can blow them dry or do something? :o Any help would be appreciated.

My recreational computer, an Atmos2, will do this if I towel it dry but keep it in the same gear bag as other wet things. It usually takes a thorough air drying to convince it that it really is at the surface.

All the best, James

Hi

I have the same computer and can't say I have had this particular problem, however, I believe that the wet contacts are underneath the rubber boot that covers the computer. It may be that you have sand stuck in there rather than water. Getting the boot off is not obvious, although when shown not too bad either. I had the store owner that I bought it from have a look, my problem was that it suddenly went to 5 feet diving while I was sitting on the surface. From what I remember, he popped out the compass and the took out the allen screws that were there, this then allowed him to pop out the computer. You may want to take it to where you bought it however, my 5 foot problem never went away and they ended up replacing my computer.

Good luck

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements