segal3

Solomon Islands 2005 Trip Report

I finally took the time to write it up. Not too long, but hopefully informative, and if there's any directed questions in addition from anyone, I'll probably see where I can add those in.

Solomon Islands 2005 Trip Report

Enjoy.

~Matt Segal

Good report....a little lean on details but a nice overview. Well written. Your images on the other hand are an entirely different matter.....Outstanding!!! I'm really impressed by the 20D images I'm seeing lately. I'm not implying that it's all in the camera, you obviously have a excellent eye for subject matter and composition. Well done.

Good Report and you've got a pic of my dear friend and wedding photographer Kelly B sitting in the front row.

=)

Stu

Nice review, ill be on that boat next week. How were the water conditions, were you able to get 5 dives per day most days, Was there much wide angle stuff? Since im leaving the wife, i have to get her stuff. Do i have to get there funny money or will they take greenbacks? lots of questions

Hello Matt,

Great trip report. I have been waiting anxiously for your report because I too am going to be on the Bilikiki (Aug 23rd). Always heard that it was a great dive boat but did not know they were so lenient towards photographers, that’s good to know.

The story of the professor from Texas losing his bags has me a little concerned. I have been pondering that subject as of late because I did not have my camera for part of my trip to KBR and I was really bummed during those days I did not have my camera. I have been playing around with trying to put part of my camera gear in my carry-on but there is so much camera stuff that I cannot begin to carry all of it.

I am thinking about carrying some of it: camera and lenses, housing and one port, one strobe, single sync cord and laptop. (I have always carried my camera and lenses but not the housing or strobes.) This way if I lose a bag, I will be not be completely shut out. I believe that the airlines are now allowing two carry-on bags. One standard carry-on and a smaller bag (for laptops, purses, etc.) I would be using a backpack and a small shoulder strap bag.

Matt, I will be using the same airline routing as you. What was your observation of the carry-on police?

TomC

:lol:

Sponsors

Advertisements