Sign in to follow this  
pcourty

Red Sea Egypte

Just for a test to send an image

http:/:www.underwaterphotographie.com

:angryfire:

Digital??

Could you give us some insight into what scanning equipment you use and the quality of film to digital scans? What is the visible difference in DPi scans at 4000 and 8000? (this subject interests me a lot)

Digital? No photography! No it's a joke.

It's with the film velvia 50 ASA ( the best ) with the Nikonos 35mm and the proxy system without the framer because I use two laser pointer for focusing at 23.5cm. With this system I touch nothing.

To put this picture on the net I use a Epson 1640 and the software Photoshop 6. I change just the contrast and the light but nothing special for this picture. It's the slide without modification.

Pierre

Beautiful quality!

I was diving with some very nice people shooting Velvia slides a couple of weeks ago and when they had their shots E6 processed locally and let me look at the keepers - I was simply blown away by the quality, truely outstanding!! So much so I am considering my next upgrade to be from "digital" to an F80 and purchasing a slide scanner but your system makes very good financial sense if I can attain that resolution.

I discovered for the first time with the digital photos of echeng, wonderfull digital photos but with the equipment at approximatly 9000 euros. And in 2 or 3 months you can change your camera for a digital camera with a 24*36 ccd but at 10000 euros, just for the camera.

Don't forget: a good picture is taken by a beautifull lens with a correct light.

Look at the price of a 15mm for nikonos: 1/3 of the price of the new digital camera. But the result with this type of lens is incredible.

The last week, in Red Sea, I floaded for the first time after 15 years one nikonos: the price to repear is 700 euros. For the same problem with a digital I don't want imagine the bill.

For instance I continue the choice of film ( nikonos or reflex inside a housing) . In general I use velvia 50 ASA and a very good lens with a SB105 and some time to time a second flash.

That's why I have flood insurance for my housed digital SLR. I can't afford NOT to!

Cheers

James

Unfortunately nobody offers flood insurance here in Germany

Sabine :blink:

I have not special insurance but my "home insurance" takes into account this type of incident.

:blink:

Hi Pierre,

You and I have a lot of Nikonos in common and should dive together sometime...

Fancy joining our trip to Manado/Sangalaki next Sept. 27?

Enc. Panorama Reef/Turtle/20mm/YS120 - Nikonos V

Hi Wolf

Your picture in black and white is very nice.

For the trip in september: Why not but in general I organise a group for the Red sea just at this period. But I don't know the futur.

Keep my adress because I don't know this region.

Pierre

Bonjour Pierre,

Hey, Red Sea anytime... I'm there very often.

Manado is Optimum during September and October and the price is cheaper than RS!!!

Je penser que nous avons rencontre avant quand j'etais dans un voyage en Egypte en 1999 en bord Miss Nuran... Vous 'ete' "Tin Tin" Non?

Pour plus information pour vevout me email.

Bon Plonge'

Bob :blink::(

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements