Sign in to follow this  
scubamarli

Another shrimp for Art

This crinoid shrimp doesn't seem to match the descriptions I've read: it has vertical markings, not horizontal, and has long antennae, and short "arms". The only other photo I've found that is similar is one by Takako Uno, taken in Sulawesi. This is from Gili Banta, Indonesia. It's a Periclimenes, but is it Periclimenes amboinensis? Inquiring minds want to know!

post-1116-1123899092_thumb.jpg

Hi marli

extremely difficult to say, there are a number of Periclimenes (and a few other pontoniine genera, like Pontoniopsis) on crinoids

it looks indeed like Periclimenes cf. amboinensis, but could also be P. commensalis

the shrimp has anteriorly extended relatively small & symmetrical chelipeds, I will check which of the Periclimenes has this feature, and compare the colour patterns, too

I am completely "non-functional" right now, 2 weeks before the big move from Canada to Panama, literature & books are all packed or already on the way to Panama

send me a higher resolution version to my email

also, do you have a lateral shot (need to see the rostrum)

cheerio

Art

Hey Art,

From Canada to Panama? You should at least wait till oct no? (at least if you're on the west coast...)

Ahh, no more Canadian winters....smart!

;)

well Mike, I definitively shouldn't wait till October, I am in Edmonton, and right now it's +9 C, rain, chilly wind .. just awful ! and winter .. -20 to -30C - I was suffering here for the last 3 years .. that's enough ! time to leave Deadmonton behind !

Art

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements