james

My underwater favorites from Bali

Here are a few of my favorite photos from Bali. This is almost all macro – shot with my Canon 1DmkII, Seacam housing, and Sigma 150mm lens with Canon 500D diopter:

050811_bali_KN0X4161.jpg

Mimic Octopus

050814_bali_KN0X5063.jpg

Pair of Ghost Pipefish

050816_bali_KN0X5297.jpg

Ornate Ghost Pipefish

050816_bali_KN0X5383.jpg

Pygmy Seahorse – at almost 5:1!!

050816_bali_KN0X5414.jpg

Peacock Mantis Shrimp

050818_bali_KN0X5664.jpg

Harlequin Shrimp

050812_bali_KN0X4607.jpg

Sarah at Menjangen Island (w/ Ikelite 20D housing)

050812_bali_KN0X4625.jpg

Shallow Reef Under/Over at Menjangen

Full gallery of my underwater favorites: http://www.reefpix.org/gallery/album127

Cheers

James

Great gallery... were the macro shots all from Tulamben?

From all over the North coast of Bali from Secret Bay to Tulamben

J

Great Pygmy shot!

Welcome to Wetpixel! :)

Awesome. Great finds with the Mimic, yellow pygmies and hairy GPF. And boxer crab and harlequin shrimp are always rare. I also really like the crinoid reef scene - very indonesian. Hope Sarah got some good pictures too. And most importantly the two of you had/are having a wonderful honeymoon.

Alex

p.s. I hope that all the critters are all still there in 8 days!

Thanks for taking the time from your honeymoon to give us a taste. I like the harlequin and the w/a diver best. Also, the crinoid shrimp caught my eye from your gallery. I hope you and your bride are having a wonderful trip.

That pygmy is very nice. I have yet to see that coloUration. And, the Harlequin is always a unique and nice find.

Safe returns.

I really need to get diving...

30 days till I head to British Columbia :)

Hi James....hope you two are having a great time.....nice gallery of shots....the two WA's you posted are two of my favorites

Karl

Nice shots James! Enjoy your honeymoon!

Luiz

Great stuff, James. I love the pygmy face and ghost pipefish! Looks like you're really getting used to that 150 + 500D! :)

Nice pipefish shots. :) Didn't see any of the hairy ones in Lembeh, but there were plenty of others. Sounds like you are having a blast.

Joe

I have been waiting for you Bali shots. That 1DMkII Canon is one heck of a camera!

Great shots and gallery James!

More!....More!

Darryl

Great shots James and nice to meet you in Tulamben. I have new appreciation for your work, now that I have tried to get the Pigmy shot :) Man, those suckers are hard to photograph. I sat on the bottom of Nudi Falls for 15 minutes and still didn't get one half as good as yours. The orange colors are gorgeous as well. Hope the rest of your trip is great.

Corby

Congratulations on your marriage. Great shots. Did you get the Harlequin at Seraya or Tulamben? Can't wait to see your ProShow presentation for HUPS. You will do one won't you?

Thanks everyone! I just walked in the door from a 21 hrs in the air trip home. Well I did take a shower before checking Wetpixel...:-)

Corby, thanks - it was good to meet you too. I wasn't as lucky as you - my pygmy was at exactly 100' - so add "narked" to the list of challenges to overcome to get the shot.

I'd love to do a presentation for HUPS if I'm invited. The harlequins were at the house "reef" at Seraya - there were 5 of them there!

Cheers

James

Sponsors

Advertisements