handlerphoto

Aquatica D2X housing...just tried it!

Hi all.

I know that in my position with Aquatica I am not always aloowed to sing their prases. But ....this time and in this case....

I am a photographer first and having the chance to test drive the new D2x was a real treat! Not since using my Aquatica 5 with the large action finder have I really been excited about a rig. This housing brings a smile to my face.

The new saddle mount eliminates all missalignments in mounting the housing.

The unit is neutral in the water with a 20 mm and dome port yet after the production model comes out later this month the weight will be a little more negative.

It is a very easy housing to handle.

The best part is the larger finder of the D2x which allows for much much better optics. Edge to edge viewing not a problem and at a size that you can actually read all important information.

The menu buttons are all spring loaded and really easy to use ...and are much more apart for accurate pressing of the right buttons....

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know that the housing is looking really nice and that many will be quite pleased in its realease end of Sept.

Mauricio Handler

Want to send it to me when your done Mauricio? (With camera of course)

Don't think it can be considered properly tested until it has been in the Pacific...:)

That's great to hear. Mauricio.

Please tell us more! I know a number of people here are eagerly waiting for this setup.

And don't be so defensive about your position! I am sure everyone here appreciates from posts from people with good links with manufacturers - and therefore accurate and up to date information.

Alex

I would think your opinion would be as valid as anyone else on the board.

We know you are associated with Aquatica, something you have never hidden, but people should also realize that when you state something it is your reputation on the line not necessarily Aquaticas.

Because you are in the industry as a highly regarded photographer I think you have a lot more experience and insights into the finer details of the housings and things to consider when shopping for one. I certainly appreciated your honesty and help in the past when I was looking at my first housing for the Nikon 5000 housing.

I remember when I worked in a ski shop. Everyone wanted to buy the newest high end product that they had seen advertised. My employer told me my job was to try and sell them the one that best fit their skills and potential advancement in skills. Granted that may not have been the highest profit margin product. But, in the end, you gain a client for a lifetime and they will keep coming back to you because of the honesty and best match approach. IMHO

This is something I have found in my dealings with Aquatica and why I will keep coming back to their housings. Quality product and outstanding service. And they are a site sponsor!

Disclaimer: I am in no way associated or employed by Aquatica just a happy customer.

OK I was completely taken back with Aquatica today.

I called to tell them that because of selling my A300 I will need to get the 20D soon as I head to Port Hardy in about 1 month. They said most likely it will ship by the end of the week. Now keep in mind that it is also custom painted so it is not an off the shelf item.

Talk about service!! Thanks guys! Awesome

You will have to wait for the coloUr choice. It is not Yahsemtough Blue as the A300 was and no Rand and Herb I resisted your favoUrite pink.

Anyways just thought I would share my joy

Cool, I'm sure you'll love your pink housing Todd. I had a talk w/ Blake and we decided to modify your order. It's going to be called the Pepto Bismol Special!

Cheers

James

We could anodize the controls in baby blue, would look really macho with the pink housing, now get a 1980 style wetsuit in electric pink with yellow trim, a lime green mask and a day glow fluorecent orange mesh tank protector, I promise you will do the new's collum of this venerable web site :) , thinking of it, what a tread to start, the most garrish outfit afloat! ;):)

We could anodize the controls in baby blue, would look really macho with the pink housing

And don't forget to anodize the eyepiece and sync-sockets in 'burn-my-eyes-out-please' fluorescent yellow ;) It'd complement the blue :)

~Matt Segal

Matt, I have to put my foot down, screaming yellow, no way, has to be banana yellow, be respectfull of the sissy thematic :) . Todd being a Canuck, a red maple leaf on the dome shade would complete is birch wood, beaver fur lined carrying case with removable caster/snow shoe ;)

God were a long way from that original thread. so back to you Mauricio with an update on the D2x housing... :)

Oh hell, Mauricio is doing his workshop in soon to be province of Turk & Caicos ;) so I might as well squat is tread, I tought I would include a rendition of Todd's housing :) so his claim to the cpyright of the U in coloUr can be happily dispayed.

post-1676-1125352784_thumb.jpg

Groovy!! :);)

Jean you crack me up!

Can i get a maple leaf dome cover too please?!

Nah, you gonna have to ask Sheila Copps for a sponsorship, quite popular way of making money, even if it's only Canadian dollars :)

:) Great! ;)

Its really shame that Ike can supply his housing in one color only (and not a real color also - transparent) :)

We have painted the inside of housings with beautiful result that won't chip off, but have enough trouble keeping up with new model changes, strobe requirements, and delivery of current models to consider any new complications for now.............

How about some nail polish? :-) Maybe I should "pinkify" Sarah's 20D housing on the inside! Nah, I'd like to stay married.

Cheers

James

Man I leave for a couple of hours and all hell breaks loose.

So far as to the coloUr selection ...well, I have/had to pass. It was tough. I just got out of the 80's last week in time to decide on a new coloUr. I sent Blake my mess shoes and asked him to try and match it. Straight out of Miami Vice. With the standard maple leaf of course. As for the beaver fur lined...well, as they say if you are Canadian show... ahh never mind. :)

Seriously though I think the custom paint option is a cool option from Aquatica. ;)

Can i send mine back and have it painted a lovely used Betel Nut colour?

The coloUr before or after chewing. ;)

Why after of course! Bright red baby...

Herb, good to see you are learning to spell English...;)

I want one with bright Ferrari Red to match my Ferrari Red laptop and Ferrari Red Honda ;) or laquered piano black to match the rest of my black scuba gear!

Just dump it into local spitoon for a while, quick and dirty but efficient ;)

I want one with bright Ferrari Red to match my Ferrari Red laptop and Ferrari Red Honda :D or laquered piano black to match the rest of my black scuba gear!

Sorry, but we are big fan of Mc Laren/Mercedes, hence the silver paint scheme, just kidding, drop a e-mail to Blake at Aquatica, who knows, it might be in his coloUr selection, but forget about the Ferrari Logo ;) only maple leaf are available :P

drop a e-mail to Blake at Aquatica, who knows, it might be in his coloUr selection, but forget about the Ferrari Logo ;)  only maple leaf are available  :P

Amen brother, amen!

Sponsors

Advertisements