Sign in to follow this  
Don Silcock

Buying In Hong Kong

I will be in Hong Kong next month and have priced the 70-200 VR Nikon AF-S zoom at Johnnys Photo & Video Supply, Admiralty Centre, 18 Harcourt Road, HK

I heard about the shop a couple of years ago from a post on the uwphoto list and they came highly recommended. They have given me the same price, more or less as B&H, which is a lot less than the Aussie or Singapore prices - plus it has a one year international Nikon warranty.

Anybody had any experience with this shop, or others in Hong Kong?

Don

I don't have personal experience with that shop but I got recommendations from a friend of mine about them.

I've used Williams in Prince Williams Building. 2nd flr. They are very competitive. They don't have a website that I know of. Won't hurt to walk by on the way to Admiralty.

Been travelling to HK for 20yrs. I am not familiar with the shop mentioned but if the B&H price is close to the HK price I would buy from B&H. B&H customer service and support is at a level that HK shops just don't supply (IMHO).

For future reference, here is a website with slightly up to date prices on cameras and accessories in HK:

HK Price

Don also remember that they will charge the credit card fee of 2-4% depending on the card. Williams never did with me.

I've used Williams in Prince Williams Building. 2nd flr. They are very competitive. They don't have a website that I know of. Won't hurt to walk by on the way to Admiralty.

I've never had the opportunity to use Williams, but here is their full address, for your reference:

Williams Photo Supply

341 Prince's Bldg., 10 Chater Rd., Central, Hong Kong, China

Phone: 2522-8437

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements