Sign in to follow this  
Kanankeban

Suunto Mosquito, what do you think?

Hi guys,

Just got a Suunto Mosquito Dive computer, to by honest I bought it in a compulsive buying way...I didn´t do any research before. I used allready and for me I think is very good...take into account I´m just started diving. The thing is, I want to know if I made a good purchase?

Regards...

Hector

It's a decent computer, and is very nice because of the size. The algorithm used is fairly conservative, which is probably better as a new diver. Aside from that, if you like it and it works for you, then it's a good choice, at least IMO.

Tom

Yeah, I got one for my GF for her b-day and she likes it. It is conservative.

I used it on one dive and it wasn't set up to show me my bottom time - only my REMAINING bottom time. I didn't like that but I think you can change it. It's a VERY powerful and customizable computer.

Cheers

James

You can always tell Suunto divers because their computers go crazy in the middle of a dive (conservative!!). :blink: Neat design, though.

I use one of these and I think it's great. But one thing to watch out for (which presumably also applies to some other computers).

Soon after I bought it, I found it wasn't working. It just didn't turn on when I got in the water! It took me quite a while to work out that I had turned off the dive computer functions accidentally when I was trying to set the depth alarm.

As far as I can see there's no warning displayed. I didn't realise there was a problem until I was in the water and it didn't switch on. Lucky it wasn't a problem since my other computer was still working fine...

-David

I looked at the Mosquito but felt the display was a little small.... ended up with the Vyper instead. Other than that all Suunto computers are very conservative ;) not necessarily a terrible thing if you're doing a lot of dives / day imho of course.... :)

Does the Suunto is more conservative then others dive computers?

I have done a few dives with a Sunnto solution & Aladdin and the decompresion time where in both of them.

The Suunto tends to be more conservative than, say, an Oceanic. I believe that the Alladin also falls on the conservative side.

I have an Oceanic Computer which is very conservative. I also have a Cochran which I absolutely love. I know people claim they are unreliable but mine is perhaps the most reliable item of dive equipment I have ever owned. :ph34r:

I have a Stinger, almost the same computer as Mosquito, except for Nitrox functions. Absolutely love it.

Most people choose Mosquito for the freediving functions. That's the only thing to watch out for, I every now and then forget to switch back to scuba mode after freediving, the computer than falls back into gauge mode after 5 minutes in the water and will not calculate nitrogen levels

Thank guys for the feedback...Now I feel its a great adquisition, I think the conservative side of the mosquito will help me as a new diver to stay in the safe side...

Regards...

Hector

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements