Nemo

DEMA 2005

Anyone going to DEMA next month? Maybe we could do a Wetpixel lunch one day.

Lunch? Its Vegas baby!!!

Hope to meet up in person with anyone that will be there, lunch is fine, but how about an after party ;-)

Not for me this year. I wish i did though. I went to my first last year in Houston....boring!

Met a few of the wetpixel people there but i think i would much rather be in Vegas. Lots of my friends going this year who weren't there last as well...

I agree about the after party or something though. Hey Eric, a Wetpixel Happy Hour somewhere. Thats a good idea.

M

I will be at DEMA helping out at the Northern California Underwater Photographic Society (NCUPS) booth. I would love to meet some Wetpixelers in person. Please stop by the booth.

Best,

Kathy Mendes

Oh Yeh Vegas Baby! Next year DEMA goes to New Orleans, that is if the convention center is back in service. Perhaps someone with be showing a 5D housing. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

Doug

I'm going! I'm actually covering the show.

I'd love to meet some other Wetpixelers, so let me know if anyone wants to meet up!

;)

<---Going and dragging DMoss with me Thurs-Sat.

If I didn't have personal issues with using images being used without permission,

I've been thinking of having a T-Shirt made for recognizability...something like this......

post-1860-1126887363_thumb.jpg

DEMA is in Orlando 2006 and 2007 then back to Vegas.

I will be working the week at the show. Kathy I will stop and say hello.

Nemo

I will be at DEMA with Aquatica and will also be presenting two separate one hour shows showcasing some images and techniques. Come by and say hello and also come by to get times and location for these presentation. They are free.

This is not going to be an Aquatica Sales presentation but rather a professional images one

"Sharks in Motion"

and

"10 images and the stories and techniques behind them"

See you there....

Mauricio Handler

Christa will be covering DEMA for us this year. Be sure to wander by her and convince her to take your picture for the website! Send in group shots, guys!

So -- someone, please organize a happy hour somewhere. Maybe I should send Christa with some cash to subsidize. :P

Of course Ultralight will be there, booth # 1229, stop by and say hi. Subal will

be right next to us.

Hope to meet some of you and see old friends.

Terry

I will be at Ikelite's booth. If anyone has questions or needs help with Ikelite products please stop by if only to introduce yourself!

Plus I second Eric's suggestion of sending $$$$ with Christa :P

David Haas

Eric your brilliant!!

Just let us know where Christa will be.

Nemo

I will be at the Aquatica booth with Mauricio, i'm easy to recognize, (I'm the handsome one ;) with ze freeeench accent!). happy hour sounds great, let's make it happen.

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

usually it mean's your money! :P

Cheers

Sooo... where and when is this Eric sponsored lunch/happy hour/after party thing going to happen? :)

I'll be there Thurs I think. So try not to hold it too early and nothing too risque for vegas!

someone's gotta organize it! i'm not going to be there. :)

This will be my first trip to Vegas so I know nothing about where to go...

In addition to my covering the show I'll also be helping out at Fisheye's booth for a few hours each day - so when y'all decide where happy hour is going to be make sure to stop by and let me know!

:)

Christa

I like the happy hour idea too and I'd be happy to help organize something (since I'll be at all the happy hours myself anyway) if someone can offer a suggestion on a good place to do this. I don't know Vegas that well. I'm also driving out from the OC so if anyone needs anything brought out at the last minute (must be small—I have a small car) let me know. I'm leaving on Monday late morning.

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie,

Can you bring a couple of "booth girls" for the Wetpixel booth please? I hear you can pick them up cheap on Sunset Blvd or Sepulveda.

Thanks

James

J/K of course! Hope you guys have a blast - I won't get to make it to DEMA.

Certainly I can do this James, but since my car is a two-seater I would have to be one of them and I don't look as good in a bikini as I used to. :)

Hi Bonnie,

Can you bring a couple of "booth girls" for the Wetpixel booth please?  I hear you can pick them up cheap on Sunset Blvd or Sepulveda.

Thanks

James

J/K of course!  Hope you guys have a blast - I won't get to make it to DEMA.

Bonnie, you don't need to bring them from LA... plenty of booth girls in LV or so I've heard... of course I go to LV for the cirque du soleil shows only. Oh and since I have a 2 seater too I can take the other booth girl. :-)

So, back to the social schedule...

The first task will be to pick a night that everyone can agree will fit into their schedules. The exhibit showroom closes at 6:00 pm every night. I'm sure there are many private parties as usual, but the more public events are as follows:

Monday evening - 4:30 - 6:00

There is usually an opening night party for exhibitors, but I'm not sure where it is this year or who's sponsoring it. If I remember correctly you can get in free if you have an exhibitor badge. Usually a lot of fun because everyone is there.

Wednesday evening

Women Diver's Hall of Fame Duck Derby

One of the most fun events on this list. Yes, paying $10 to race a rubber ducky across a pool is quite entertaining and this event usually draws a very fun crowd. They have some amazing prizes to auction off this year and I'm told that most the attendees in the past have been very cheap bidders, so you might be able to pick something up at a good price. This year they have added a motorized division to the decorated duck race and I've heard the the Atomic Aquatics duck is going to kick tail!

Thursday evening

DEMA Awards Party

2005 NOGI Awards Banquet

I've never been to the NOGI Awards, but the DEMA Awards Party is notoriously boring. However this year Stan Waterman is the emcee, so if you've never seen him speak before, it might be worth looking into.

By the way, I am not affiliated with the promoters of any of these events. If anyone knows of any other fun events (or parties to crash) email me and I'll edit them into this list.

So I would suggest a happy hour on either Thursday or Tuesday or meet early enough that everyone can do all of the above if they wanted to. The most logical place to meet would be at the bar at the Hilton, since everyone goes there anyway. I'm sure there are others in the area, I just don't know the good ones from the boring ones.

Any other suggestions?

Bonnie

Sponsors

Advertisements