echeng

Industry members, introduce yourselves...

Hi, greetings from Miano, Italy and Oahu, Hawaii. Italian by birth and currently in Hawaii for work.

My name if Julio Federico Camperio Ciani, I am marine biologist, freediver, sperfisherman and SCUBA diver who is trying to get into underwater photography.

I have a Sony RX100 II with the MEIKON underwater case up to 60m/195ft. I am subscribing to this forum to learn about the different tricks and tips that professional use for UW photography, especially what strobes, ligths, lenses and other accesories.

Hope to learn alot from this forum and get on with my photos,

mahalo and aloha

- Julio C

Hi - living in calgary, Alberta, I prefer to travel to warm water to dive. I only have about 100 dives, but after experimenting with a GoPro, I now have a Panasonic LX100 with Nauticam housing. Heading to Fiji next week.

Hello all at Wetpixel-

Neptune Nick here. Been diving on a recreational level for over 20 years. Just your average diver who enjoys what Mother Nature has to offer below water.

Love taking underwater photographs and currently use an old Sea&Sea DX-1G with dual YS-110 strobes. Not the most sophisticated set up but it gets the job done for my needs.

I look forward to any and all who can provide advice to me on any of my underwater photographic questions.

Neptune Nick

Hello chokolars here

I am from Denmark.

My Big passion is photography.. Over and under water

I am here to find inspiration AS Well AS to learn

Hello there !

I already introduced myself a while ago as a dive center manager leaving in Malapascua Island. Philippines.

At this time, i did a few trip on the Seadoors live aboard "as a guest", and that's how i met the owner of the boat. After working in Malapascua for more than 3 Years, i did the Tubbataha season 2015 on the same live aboard. (working)

I am now back in the Philippines and work full time on the boat.

If i "introduce" myself again, it is to avoid folks thinking, i am "trying" to be a "false" customer giving good feed back !!
On this trip : Tubbataha 2014 , Visayas , Visayas 2 , i was just a guest and not working on the boat !!

Except this matter, lots of trip for this year !! Visayas and Tubbataha 2016 should allow me to post a few nice shot soon !!!

Regards all !!

Edited by Jojolcuisto

Hi everyone. I am a SCUBA diver who has been very active for 34 years. I took my last trip to Maldives in September of this year and am retiring from diving. I am in a funk. Age has caught up me. From the 1st day I dove, I carried a camera. Lots and lots of photos. Some good and some bad but always a challenge. I am in the process of selling my Sea & Sea housing, 3-S & S 90 strobes, arms, wide angle glass port, macro port, rechargeable batteries and chargers and a large peligan box. A ton of oil-ring kits, float arms, etc. Everything is to go and hopefully, it be purchased by a caring person. A Nikon D300 camera body with 16k clicks will be included. The housing is almost new with only 100 dives and is fully functional. Everything worked as designed on the latest trip where we took 33 dives. Many really good photos in unusual conditions down to 103 feet depth.

I live in New Jersey and we are in the process of down sizing. My Email is Diverhal@optonline.net

I figure that the price is negotiable but would like to get $3500 for everything. Shipping would be extra. If the person is in the area, I will spend time instructing on assembling and disassembling the equipment.

Hi People !

I'm Kris from Poland living in UK and looking forward to start my underwater photography from the beginning.

Thanks for all great advices and tips regarding UW photography and equipment.

See you in blue side !

Hello everyone,

My name is Zarina and I've been diving for almost 11 years. I became very passionate about underwater photography in 2013, almost an obsession! I'm looking forward to learning more about you guys and your photography. Hopefully, I will be able to share my pictures soon!

Hi all,

My name is John George, am a new to underwater photography but have been in and out of the cinema field for 20 years.

I have only recently started to dive and have about 50 or so dives under my belt. I feel comfortable enough in my abilities to start exploring underwater photography.

I am looking forward to learning from the collective here.

thank you

Hi guys

Been diving for a while and into photography since the 80's.

Mainly take photos and video, as a volunteer, on maritime archeology projects.

Run Sony A7's and Nauticam housings.

Still have a lot to learn and look forward to the forum discussions.

Cheers

Ian

Hi,

I'm an outdoor sport and culture photographer based in Vancouver, BC. I've developed a passion for pacific salmon and have been photographing and filming fish in the river for a couple years now.

Currently using a D600 Nautical housing but looking to sell and get a housing for my new A7Sii.

Cheers!

Jordan

Hello,

I have been a PADI instructor for 30 years and an underwater photographer for most of that time starting with a Nikonos V. Presently I'm using a micro-4/3's based rig and I'm always willing to learn.

Hello everyone! My name is John Runion and I own Blue Fathoms Television. BFTV is a startup website about scuba diving and travel. Before I go any further, I want to make sure that I qualify as part of the industry definition; am not making any shameless self-promotion plugs and am on the right page to do this introduction. Let me know if I am in the right place as I am new to this website forum! Thank you.

Hello everyone! My name is John Runion and I own Blue Fathoms Television. BFTV is a startup website about scuba diving and travel. Before I go any further, I want to make sure that I qualify as part of the industry definition; am not making any shameless self-promotion plugs and am on the right page to do this introduction. Let me know if I am in the right place as I am new to this website forum! Thank you.

Hi John

Sorry for the slightly slow reply....

Welcome to Wetpixel. We hope you find this a really useful and helpful forum and look forward to hearing more about BFTV and, yep, you are on the right page for sure to introduce yourself.

Hi -- my name is Sheri, and I'm from Florida. I've been through several phases with my diving -- including traveling to scuba destinations, technical diving, freedive spearfishing, and I've been interested in filming dolphins and pelagics lately.

My main job is as an engineer with IBM, but I also produce an Expo called The Blue Wild in Ft Lauderdale once a year. We are having a Photo/Video contest for the third time, co-sponsored with the SFUPS Club, and I would like to post a "Call for Entries" -- if that is acceptable to do here (?).

Hey Everyone my name is jake I'm from Sydney Australia currently in Exmouth Western Australia working with whale sharks. Love the ocean and all the creatures in it. Have been trying to make way more and more into the film and photo industry and this site was suggested to me by a friend. AM looking forward to all the discussions and getting my camera nerd.

Hi, my name is Michelle Manson. I'm from Santa Cruz, CA and LOVE diving kelp. I've been shooting since about 1998 with my trusty Nikonos and now I am diving a Nikon D7100 with a Nauticam housing and loving it! Always looking for the next place to dive locally as well as love to get out of the country when I can.

Can't wait to check out everyone's photos!

Cheers!!

Michelle

Hello all! I'm obviously new on this forum! I've been a member on scuba board for some time! I look forward to corresponding and learning a lot on this forum!!!

JC

Hey guys, I'm very new to this group (which I'm sure you hear that a lot). Full disclosure we are a vendor - virtual reality production studio actually which creates virtual reality (VR) films.

We are passionate about diving and the water and have developed a first of its kind 360 3D underwater camera that shoots 5.4k at 120fps and 8k at 60fps. We will be releasing the initial footage at E3 next week. We've received great feedback already and want to expand its use.

We are currently looking for beta partners to go to great places and get great footage. We will walk along closely with you helping with production and post-production as it is a new medium and new technology which requires a special skillset to develop the footage. We'd love to have you involved and be a part of bringing the oceans to any classroom, living room, or country in the world.

www.vrtul.io

Casey@vrtul.io

Hello - I just became a member and doing the required first post. I'm in the market for a new upgraded photo kit. Currently using a D90 with Nauticam housing and Sea & Sea 110 strobes. Going to post this kit on Wetpixel today and perhaps upgrade to a D500 and Nauticam housing. Not sure on the strobes yet.

Good diving!

Brian

Hello,

I have recently picked up diving with increased interest in underwater photography. Its great reading from all the users.

Regards

HI

Prince here, i do photo shoots now getting into diving photography. iam also looking for buying underwater housing for my d80/d 90 if there is any for sale here

Tx

Prince