echeng

Industry members, introduce yourselves...

Hi all! Wedding and model photographer based in Key West,Florida,trying to connect my snorkeling passion with photography so will try to learn here a lot!thanks!

Hi all,

We are "The Construction Site" - a documentary production company currently producing a cave-diving doco in Australia.

If anyone has concepts for new projects - we would love to hear about it and can potentially get these projects funded.

Please feel free to contact me and discuss.

Many thanks

George Opadchy

whoops - you can contact me at george@theconstructionsite.com.au

thanks

go

Hi there. Getting into photography as part of the British Academy of Photography. I'm cutting my teeth with an Olympus EM5 mk 1 which I love.

I suppose I'm an industry member. Divemaster, and professional cinematographer (sometimes underwater). I work mainly as a camera operator on TV and features. There's not that much underwater shooting in NYC, owing to the climate, but I've been known to grab a Canon 5D or a Hydroflex housing and use it on a film or TV shoot.

Dave Knox

underwater camera work shown on

http://www.daveknox.com/DKUploadPages/DK_DPWaterWork_FEB_2016/

on IMDb David Knox (II)

Hi,

My name is Benjamin Kriss, i am a Dive instructor in Brisbane, Australia. I work for a dive shop Go Dive Brisbane: www.godive.com.au

I am an avid UW photographer and Videographer.

I look forward to contributing to the wetpixel community.

Regards

Ben

Hi Chris,

We are a couple running Finfocus, an underwater stock footage library and marine conservation.

I guess we fit in those 2 categories:

3) you are a professional photographer (your own definition -- if you are unsure, please let us know what you have done and we'll make a decision for you)
5) you are a marine biologist with interests in underwater photography

Let us know if you can unlock us and we'd be glad to contribute and share on those topics, including marine conservation.

Sylvain

Hello everyone,

I am new to this website and new to dslruw photography.

I just updated my oly sp350 to a epl-3 nauti set up and am all ears for pointers and advise from more experienced photographers.

Cheers all.

Hello everyone,

I'm keen to ask some practical questions about dome ports and underwater housings. Having adapted a Meikon case for Sony A6000 and learnt the hard way not to leave an 5" acrylic dome damp in the hot sun (it warped after only my second chance to use it) ... I'm diving back in to give it another go with another (now 8" Ikelite) dome.

My goals are split shot photographs and underwater video. I'm not a diver but a kayaker, and these angles are unusual in that sport.

Regards,

Peter

Hello all,

I'm a SCUBA instructor in SoCal looking to advance my underwater photography & videography knowledge and skill. Currently shooting on a Sony A7sII. Excited to see what I can learn here!

Best,

Kian

Howdy! Just went on my first snorkeling trip. Fell in love. Need some advise on how to get started with underwater photography.

Thank you,

Amber

Hello,

I'm a CCR diver , currently shooting underwater with Gopro + Light for ME lights.

Hello,

I've been diving for 20 years and live in Chicago. I try to do a few liveaboards a year. Shooting with Canon 5D Mark III and Aquatica housing. Looking for a used glass dome in good condition.

Thanks,

NJC

Hi,

I'm a visual artist, photographer and scuba diving junky. :)

I'm not quite sure yet how this forum works, so I'm sorry if here is not the place to address this subject matter, but I have a barely used underwater photography gear set to sell.

The kit includes:

- Nikon AD810 with Ikelite connection

- Aqua View Finder

- 9.25” dome port, Bk-7 coated Mineral glass

- Remote trigger for Nikon D3, D700 & D300s

- AF/MF Macro Port

- 110 mm / 4.324" extension ring

- 76 mm / 3.0" extension ring

- 2 x 7" Technical Lightning Control floaters (with clamps)

- 1 x 4" Technical Lightning Control floater (with clamp)

- 8" / 20 cm TLC Delta arm set, 3 sections (with clamps)

- Aqua Vacuum - valve and pump

- Tripod

Please contact me if you're interested so I can give you more details on pricing.

Also, thank you for redirecting me to the right place to sell second hand equipment if I got lost by posting this here. :)

Cheers!

Iso Nico

Started reading this thread, and from the first post I qualify as a dive pro.

My name is Richard Huntrods, but have been using 'sunnyboy' on numerous dive forums for many years. Originally from Calgary, now living on Vancouver Island near Nanaimo.

I've been a SCUBA instructor since 2010, first with SDI and now with PADI. Our dive shop scheduled the Digital Underwater Photographer course a couple of times, but have not run it yet.

I've been taking photos since I was a kid (Kodak box camera, then Roliflex twin lens), but moved to SLR in 1974 when I bought a Voitlander. Since then many varieties of Canon SLR, plus several odd and unique film cameras. Started with digital in 2000 with a Kodak model (one of the first), then a Nikon and finally a Canon DLSR.

I started taking underwater photos in fall 2003 with a Sealife unit, then bought an Ikelite housing for a Canon A570IS, which I used until a few years ago when I upgraded to a G16 system. Lately I've become a total newbie again when I bought a Canon 7D and Nauticam housing. Diving with a DLSR is more like "a camera diving with a diver attached" than my previous rigs, which were definitely "Diver carrying a camera".

I tend to take a camera on 99% of my dives, because whenever I don't take the camera I regret it. :-)

I also take some go-pro (clone) video when scootering, but our visibility has been so bad lately that it's all pretty much just ... green.

Hello WETPIXEL members, how are you? Angel here from phlow, photosharing platform. I live in Indonesia, and when possible, I enjoy traveling around to take some captures of the amazing nature here. My new interests in underater photography and this is why I'm here. Happy to join WETPIXEL.

My name is Josie) Nice to to meet you.

I joined this forum to find tips and knowledge in the area of photography.

My story started with one wedding retouching company where a friend of mine is working now. I had some practise there. Soon I became a retoucher. But I was so inspired with one order so I could`t stand any more. Since then I decided to become photographer. I whant to develop my skills. And this is the reason why I am here. I joined to connect with other photographers and get honest feedback on photographs.

Thanks for reading. See you)

Hello guys, I'm new to this group. Nice to to meet you all)

I have been into photography since I was 5 years old, I first started out taking Pictures, Which I still do to this day.

I started taking underwater photos in fall 2010.
Excited to see what I can learn here!
Regards,Mia.

Hi All,

My name is Tom and I'm currently in Melbourne, Australia. I'm a SSI Dive Pro and usually dive with a GoPro, but have recently started taking stills and have been reading through all the tips and tricks in this forum.

Safe Diving!

Hello, my name is Javier and I've been diving for 12 years, now with canon 5d III and seacam, but now I'm switching to Olympus because of its low weight and size,

Regards and good dive

Hey pals,

Yang here from Singapore/UK, I'm a dive pro usually working out of Komodo National Park. I've done a fair bit of land based photography, sometimes professionally (mostly fashion/events as actual paid work), and other times for fun (mostly nature or landscape). I've just acquired an underwater set-up for my Sony A7Rii so looking forward to combining the two in the near future. When I'm not diving or taking photos I'm a professional yacht racer around Europe and Asia.

Best

Yang

Have been photographing for a number of years. Just trying to break into underwater photography. Seems very challenging. I also do not scuba dive. Only snorkeling.

Portfolio Flickr.com/fifinator

Edited by longbord1