Wetpixel Live: How to Photograph Corals
Corals provide a habitat for many of the creatures that we seek to photograph. However, like Alex and Adam discuss, they also are a fantastic subject for underwater image-makers. They talk about the equipment and techniques of photographing corals, along with some creative ideas for those seeking to add imagery of these beautiful creatures to their portfolios.
Ikelite Ships Housing for Sony a7c
Anglerfish Announces Deep Remote Imaging Tools
Anglerfish Creative Lighting has announced a range of tools that allow for deep remote camera systems. These include cable assemblies, cable splice molds, external power supplies, and fiber optic conversion housings. All components are custom made and designed, so can be built for bespoke requirements.
Wise Divers Ship Two New eBooks
Wetpixel’s friends Marty Synderman and Eric Reisch of Wise Divers have released two new eBooks. Entitled mazing Animals You Can See Underwater Volumes One and Two, they feature inspiration photography of a variety of animals that can be seen underwater. Profusely illustrated, they attempt to educate and inspire individuals to observe underwater life and to participate in diving activities.
Final Call: Ocean Photography Awards 2021
The 2021 Ocean Photography Award is making a final call for entries. It is open for entries of ocean-related imagery with the following themes: Ocean Conservation, Ocean Exploration, Ocean Adventure, Young Ocean, Community Choice, and Portfolio. There are editions awards for inspirational women and a grand prize winner. Entries are open now and close on 31 July 2021.
Wetpixel Live: How to Use Fisheye Lenses
Alex and Adam chat about one of the most crucial wide angle lenses in the underwater image-maker’s lens bag: The fisheye. They discuss why this type of lens is so good for capturing underwater scenes, some tips on how best to use it, and why focal length is not all that it seems when talking about these types of lenses.
Sea&Sea Announces Updated YS-D3 Strobe
Nauticam Announces Housing Compatibility for Ninja V+
- Nikon releases firmware updates for Z6 II, Z7 II and Z50 cameras (via )
- Canon updates EOS 1D-X III to 1.5.0 (via )
- Sony Firmware update for Alpha 1 (via )
- Canon updates C70 firmware to version 220.127.116.11 (via )
- Canon updates EOS 5D Mark IV firmware to 1.3.3 (via )
- Nikon updates Z6, Z7 and Z50 firmwares (via )
- Nikon updates D6 firmware to version 1.30 (via )
- Skylum updates Luminar AI to version 3 (via )
- Canon 1D X Mark II firmware version 1.1.8 released (via )
- Canon updates 5D Mark IV firmware to version 1.3.2 (via )