• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rmcgonegal

rmcgonegal

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:40 AM

I had read about Ikelite's great customer service, and just had the opportunity to experience it first hand. Over a Christmas dive in Puerto Galera my DS-125 flooded, and I sent it in and they returned a brand new unit within a week.

It's service like this that will keep me a lifetime customer - although I hope not to do this too frequently <G>
Canon 20D, Ikelite housing, dual DS-125 strobes
Canon G2, Ikelite housing, DS125 Strobe
Nikonos V with SB105 flash

#2 Giles

Giles

International Supermodel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2618 posts
  • Interests:water and sun my friend, thats what turns me on.

Posted 25 February 2005 - 10:06 AM

I had read about Ikelite's great customer service, and just had the opportunity to experience it first hand.

Imagine that.

Over a Christmas dive in Puerto Galera my DS-125 flooded, and I sent it in and they returned a brand new unit within a week.

Another one bite sthe dust

It's service like this that will keep me a lifetime customer - although I hope not to do this too frequently <G>

I bet Ikelite hopes you dont have to do it too many times must cost them a lot each year to do all these replacements and repairs.

Last Year my Sea and Sea flooded, YS 120 .. i cleaned out the battery compartment .. popped in some new batteries .. and off i went. The flood was because I left some old rechargeable batteries inside that exploded (well one exploded the rest were actually ok) but since then I have not used rechargeables, I just don't use them friendly, they are always getting speed drained and speed charged, they dont like that, and they last maybe 1/2 a year with my consumption rate :D

what happens to the graveyard 125's .. do they get refitted and sold off for cheap ?

me on the web >> journal / flickr / portfolio
i use >> my camera, eye & stunning good looks

#3 scubag

scubag

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 03:17 PM

Hey everyone,

Just a short note to confirm what everyone is saying about Ikelite's great customer service. I mailed my (2) slightly beat to hell DS-125 strobes back to Ikelite recently to update the electronics for ETTL2 compatability fro my Canon 20d. Strobes came back today with new battery packs, new external cases, new conectors etc, all at no extra charge from Ikelite. Wow... just like new and ready for my Cayman Brac trip in a week. Thank you Ike, I was already a customer for life, how about I just adopt all you guys.

Doug Kaufman